Discuss Static in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mark ju

Read a thread here just now regarding static. Pretty well answered, but it did bring to mind this story. Apologies if I've posted it before....

A few years back I got a call out to a large new built house we had been involved with.
Customer claimed he was getting shocks from the metal faced switches , sockets etc. No one else just him. Had it figured as static straight away but you still have to go and see, even just to put a customers mind at rest.
Well it was static, the old fella used to shuffle around in his slippers and was pretty much constantly charged up.
Actually saw him flash over to the corner of a wall as he walked by it, discharging to the metal corner bead under the dry lining.

He also had the habit of getting up several times in the night and had taken to operating light switches with a roll up hanky around his finger.
apparently though, according to his wife, the worse part was, when he reached into the dumb waiter,( said it was a large house) to pick up a bowl of soup, the resulting flash lit up the inside of the dumb waiter.

Although I felt very sorry for him, I actually thought..I WISH I'D SEEN THAT! :)

Reply to Static in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Afternoon All, I moved into a flat around 2 months ago. A few times only (maybe four times in the two months) I've turned on the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
This is a strange one, my neighbour is a bit mad, he had a largish extension built in about 2015, the builder attempted to do everything including...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Im not an electrician but just a guy looking for a possible answer before I call my electricity supplier. Every month without fail...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock