Discuss Straight replacement for batten lampholder in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Old Ashley Rock batten lampholder broken.
Is there a newer replacement that I can just change the lampholder part rather than the whole thing? Would make a 2 minute job change to 10 if I had to replace the whole thing.

CEF have Hager Ashley but don’t look like they fit the old bases.

The bases are identical to the ceiling roses with the loop in terminals.

Can’t change to pendants as very low ceilings, and doors would hit the lamps.

It's unusual for even simple things like lampholders to stay exactly the same design over time.
You may find it under a different name as old range products often get rebadged to cheaper names.

Maybe in Wilko's, but by then you'll have spent more time looking for a replacement than changing for new.?

Yeh. I’ll just change to new ones.... but that means having to isolate the circuit as loop in lives. Like I said... 10 minute job when I could do it in 2

fit a nice LED dome light. why settle for a £40 call-out when you can make £100.

Can’t change to pendants as very low ceilings, and doors would hit the lamps.
Sure you can't get a pendant in with a VERY short flex? The reason the lamp holder is broken in the first place is probably because it's low, rigidly fixed, and the lamp has been hit.
If there isn't room for a very short flex, then it probably should be changed for a flush enclosed fitting.

Job done.
Hager Ashley are perfect match for old Ashley Rock as I thought. Just the lampholder part moulding different, but the baseplate on the ceiling with the terminals is exactly the same.

there was two to change, so took me 4 minutes.

Job done.
Hager Ashley are perfect match for old Ashley Rock as I thought. Just the lampholder part moulding different, but the baseplate on the ceiling with the terminals is exactly the same.

there was two to change, so took me 4 minutes.
handy £50 in the beer fund then.

Reply to Straight replacement for batten lampholder in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net