Discuss stupid question in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

montybaber

Sorry bout this:eek:

How do you know what size the conductors are on an installation easily:confused: I seem to remember a friend of mine had a guide that showed overall size including insulation and then it showed copper CSA.

Is this avaliable?

Thinking about how to size bonding conductors and incoming neutral conductors etc (I know everyone prob knows just by looking)

yeah it is often a problem, i could of swore i was looking at a pair of 2.5's the other day and it turned out to be 4mm! sometimes manufactureres use thicker insulation im sure!!

Thanks Grae79 - would you recommend measuring with a ruler or doing it properly and getting a gauge?

No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer:D

1mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 7.8mm x 4.25mm

1.5mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 8.2mm x 5mm

2.5mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 10.3mm x 6mm

4mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 11.9mm x 6.25mm

6mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 13.5mm x 7mm

10mm² CSAT&E has overall dimensions of 17.1mm x 10mm

16mm² CSA T&E has overall dimensions of 19.4mm x 10mm

Will have a dig around and see if i can find the one for singles.

twin & earth's pretty simple really.

difference between 1.0 > 1.5 > 2.5 is quite obvious.

4mm & 6mm have stranded line/neut. but solid cpc

10mm & 16mm all 3 conductors are stranded.

Reply to stupid question in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock