Discuss Suggestions for useful tools... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

nicebutdim

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Amazon have kindly given me £10 off £25 spend. I don't care much for tat, so figured it might as well go towards a new tool.

As I can't list every tool in my possession, I'd welcome suggestions for stuff that might not be immediately obvious, but very useful and worth having (in the region of £25-£50ish).

Do you have the Kewtech Lightmate kit? (I've got the cheaper TIS one but Amazon don't seem to do that!)

Great shout!

Looked at them many times, but never pulled the trigger. Didn't realise TIS made a version as I'd only seen Kewtech and Socket & See.

Just noticed Amzon themselves are £10 more expensive than other sellers and the voucher can only be used on purchases from them ?

Knipex Installation pliers

I actually like the look of those and had been thinking about a new set of long nose pliers as my own aren't great. Fancied my first knipex tool, but don't like their long nose pliers - I like using that open serated section for bending the end of conductors, but Knipex don't have it. CK long nose look like my kind of pliers, but not sold by Amazon.

Those installation pliers have a narrow nose, open serated section (whatever it's called) and shears - pricey, but might treat myself to a pair.

Knipex ergo strip, Klien conduit level if you do a lot of pipe. Small stabila level that fits inside patress', Bosch multimaterial drill bit set, keyring magnetiser, Superrod double ended supergrip (crskd-1114)

Great shout!

Looked at them many times, but never pulled the trigger. Didn't realise TIS made a version as I'd only seen Kewtech and Socket & See.

Just noticed Amzon themselves are £10 more expensive than other sellers and the voucher can only be used on purchases from them ?
I got mine about 6 months ago. "TIS LIGHTAD" on ebay - they are currently £50 delivered. Doesn't help you with an amazon voucher of course!
They seem to have slightly longer shafts than the Kewtech ones my mate has which helps. I have to say they are getting used an awful lot. One handed R1+R2 at light fittings is nice.

Knipex ergo strip, Klien conduit level if you do a lot of pipe. Small stabila level that fits inside patress', Bosch multimaterial drill bit set, keyring magnetiser, Superrod double ended supergrip (crskd-1114)

Ergo strip I've looked at many time, but could never quite decide if it would ever get enough use.
Mini level I have the Stanley 042130 - bit larger than Stabila mini, but liked that it had horizontal & vertical. Slightly wider than 1G pattress.
Drill bits coming out of my ears.
Small magnetiser is very hady - provided it's not at the bottom of a box.
Have small, cheap rods & CK Mighty set, but also recently picked up Super Rod CRSK12 (comes with 2 sizes of supergrip) as Amazon were running a bargain price.

I got mine about 6 months ago. "TIS LIGHTAD" on ebay - they are currently £50 delivered. Doesn't help you with an amazon voucher of course!
They seem to have slightly longer shafts than the Kewtech ones my mate has which helps. I have to say they are getting used an awful lot. One handed R1+R2 at light fittings is nice.

Can't believe I never saw that TIS set before and price is much better than either of the other options.

A decent set of hole saws or wood bits

Literally have thousands of Metabo holesaws, supplemented with a few cheap Erbrauer for larger sizes.

Spade bits are a subject I've never properly addressed. Currently using a cheap Dewalt set, with several brands added as replacements. Bosch speed cut seems to be highly rated, but I generally have 12v tools to hand and always felt that speed cut would be a bit aggressive for them.

Not sure if I've found anything suitable to buy from Amazon on this occasion (possibly Knipex installation pliers...), but appreciate everyone's thoughts and can now add a few more tools to that ever expanding and contracting list ?

Ergo strip I've looked at many time, but could never quite decide if it would ever get enough use.
Mini level I have the Stanley 042130 - bit larger than Stabila mini, but liked that it had horizontal & vertical. Slightly wider than 1G pattress.
Drill bits coming out of my ears.
Small magnetiser is very hady - provided it's not at the bottom of a box.
Have small, cheap rods & CK Mighty set, but also recently picked up Super Rod CRSK12 (comes with 2 sizes of supergrip) as Amazon were running a bargain price.

Can't believe I never saw that TIS set before and price is much better than either of the other options.

Literally have thousands of Metabo holesaws, supplemented with a few cheap Erbrauer for larger sizes.

Spade bits are a subject I've never properly addressed. Currently using a cheap Dewalt set, with several brands added as replacements. Bosch speed cut seems to be highly rated, but I generally have 12v tools to hand and always felt that speed cut would be a bit aggressive for them.

Not sure if I've found anything suitable to buy from Amazon on this occasion (possibly Knipex installation pliers...), but appreciate everyone's thoughts and can now add a few more tools to that ever expanding and contracting list ?
Dilog, beha amprove, Martindale and a few others also do them

Reply to Suggestions for useful tools... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock