Discuss Sunderland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You don't get it do you

You've said you've not made an assumption, yet you follow that comment with an assumption of what I am saying.

You then follow up with a complete work of fiction about the fate of child sex offenders

"the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell"

Do you really beleive that to be true ?

Let me ask you something Sean.

Do you consider somebody who hoards thousands of pictures and videos of children either naked or involved in sexual acts to be "child sex offenders"?

Let me ask you something Sean.

Do you consider somebody who hoards thousands of pictures and videos of children either naked or involved in sexual acts to be "child sex offenders"?

How about you answer my question to you above first ?

With something other than an opinion, as its rather a sweeping statement you've made.

How about you answer my question to you above first ?

With something other than an opinion, as its rather a sweeping statement you've made.

That depends on your definition of child sex offenders.

Now, all my question requires is a simple yes or no, so please answer.

to get back to the real world. at least blunderland have beaten the devil. 2-1.

.......... thereby saying that you're happy with all sentences handed out to child sex offenders, because the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell.

I've made it easy for you - you've stated that very few child sex offenders see the inside of a prison cell

I asked do you really beleive that to be true ?

My definition of what a child sex offender is totally irrelevant, unless I'm a jury member considering the evidence before me. That's how justice is supposed to work in this Country, everyone is presumed innocent until judged by a jury of their peers with due regard to the laws of the land. If someone is found guilty of hoarding images then he is clearly guilty of whatever law he was prosecuted under. Feel free to add easy to understand labels if you want, but there's been a few rather unfortunate misinterpretations of such label - some with very tragic consequences.

Now how about you answer my question ?

I've made it easy for you - you've stated that very few child sex offenders see the inside of a prison cell

I asked do you really beleive that to be true ?

My definition of what a child sex offender is totally irrelevant, unless I'm a jury member considering the evidence before me. That's how justice is supposed to work in this Country, everyone is presumed innocent until judged by a jury of their peers with due regard to the laws of the land. If someone is found guilty of hoarding images then he is clearly guilty of whatever law he was prosecuted under. Feel free to add easy to understand labels if you want, but there's been a few rather unfortunate misinterpretations of such label - some with very tragic consequences.

Now how about you answer my question ?

No no, you see, it is entirely relevant because it's a large sample which goes into the statistic. So, once again, do you consider somebody who hoards pictures and videos of naked children, or children involved in sexual acts to be a child sex offender?

It's a simple yes or no answer. I don't know why you refuse to answer it.

Last edited:
No no, you see, it is entirely relevant because it's a large sample which goes into the statistic. So, once again, do you consider somebody who hoards pictures and videos of baked children, or children involved in sexual acts to be a child sex offender?

I certainly do

Time we had consistant policy of it dont matter who or what you are you get the same. Fed up with I would lose my job or other silly excuses.
Adam has lost his job so wont be able to support his family AND RIGHTLY SO.

I agree, but let's not be under the impression that every offender avoids jail

No no, you see, it is entirely relevant because it's a large sample which goes into the statistic. So, once again, do you consider somebody who hoards pictures and videos of naked children, or children involved in sexual acts to be a child sex offender?

I've already answered it, I'm sorry if my response didn't meet with your yes/no expectation.

So, would you care to support your comment below, I've only asked you 4 times now - why are you avoiding the question ?

If its just rhetoric that's fine, but something to make the assertion even slightly credible would be welcome. Perhaps some details of that large sample youve mentioned.

because the vast majority of these are given a slap on the wrist and very few see the inside of a prison cell.

I've already answered it, I'm sorry if my response didn't meet with your yes/no expectation.

So, would you care to support your comment below, I've only asked you 4 times now - why are you avoiding the question ?

If its just rhetoric that's fine, but something to make the assertion even slightly credible would be welcome. Perhaps some details of that large sample youve mentioned.

You haven't answered it at all, and you still refuse to.

Well, by Sean's admission, he agrees with them all.

So what admission is that ? - putting words into people mouths never wins a debate.

Or perhaps you meant to say ommision ? - perhaps you assumed by me not adhering to your requirement for yes/no answers has been conviently and mischievously misconstrued ?

Yes, my "admission" - I suppose if I ask you to highlight it you'll opt to avoid that, as you do with every other nonsense opinion you state as a "fact"

Well I've quoted you above, saying how happy you are about whatever sentences the judges choose to hand out.

And by your refusal to answer my question with a yes, it must be a no, and if you exclude that sample, then maybe my comment doesn't make sense. But I, like the vast majority, would think that people who hoards pictures and videos of children involved in sexual acts as child sex offenders. And if you look up everybody sentenced for this offence, you'll see that very few go inside.

Last edited:
Putting things into people's mouths?

That's not an ommision that my answer to your question, I'm a law abiding citizen who ( like it or not ) accepts whatever punishment our legal system feels fit to hand out.

I'm not Judge Dread, I don't live in your fantacy world of handing out extra punishment simply because it particularly offfends me - we are supposed to live in a civilised society, that's how it works - like it or not.

Now, do you really beleive that the vast majority of sex offenders never "see the inside of a cell" - they are your words, surely you must accept that's pure fiction ? - prove me wrong.

Reply to Sunderland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock