Discuss superconductor wiring. in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky64

Just found this while knocking around the web.

IEEE Spectrum: Superconductors Enter Commercial Utility Service

New superconductor power grid in new york.
Has it's problems but technology is improving all the time, So how long before we start to get it.
And more important how long before it becomes usable in domestic/commercial areas. ( If the regs keep getting more "safety conscious i can see us having to wire lights in 6.00mm cable to allow for environmental effects etc.)

Just found this while knocking around the web.

IEEE Spectrum: Superconductors Enter Commercial Utility Service

New superconductor power grid in new york.
Has it's problems but technology is improving all the time, So how long before we start to get it.
And more important how long before it becomes usable in domestic/commercial areas. ( If the regs keep getting more "safety conscious i can see us having to wire lights in 6.00mm cable to allow for environmental effects etc.)

They are still far from room temperature superconductors and have not made reference to the explosive danagers of the coolants they are using. But as you say once they get there it will change everything. Personally I think that beamed power is the way to go as no one has looked at the true effect of AC transmittion and inductors on the earth magnetic field. I think the field strenght has halved since general electrical transmittion became common. Now about my consipacy theory, LOL

phhhwooorrrr look at that what the guy has in his right hand..makes me moist

and tesla technology is being used in america......christ knows for what though i for one am keeping my tin foil helmet firmly in place:D

Reply to superconductor wiring. in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net