Currently reading:
Swa size

Discuss Swa size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Friend of mine is having a feed to his shed.

Wants 5 sockets and some basic lighting. I think 40A would be sufficient.

its 20ft away max.

what size swa would you recommend?

Would 16mm be ok?

Sorry :-/

really appreciate the advice :)

never be afraid to ask. itis the duty on experienced sparks to pass on their knowledge to trainees and apprentices. while hands-on face to face is the best way to learn, advice from this forum is a fair substitute. the main drawback with internet is the fact that you can't get a scuff round the ears for getting it wrong. :rofl:

I didn't mean to cause all this bother :-/

like i said my friend basically asked me if I wanted to tag along for some experience. I have no doubt he has worked it out. But the one thing he didn't tell me was the size of the swa cable and it got me thinking which is why I asked.

ultimatly i I don't have enough information to work it out so I'll have to ask him

You say the one thing your friend didn't tell you was the size of the cable, did he then tell you what the shed was to be used for and what the sockets were likely to supply, after all he's arrived at a value of 40amps. More info is definitely required as this installation might not be the 'run of the mill' garden shed, just saying.

Reply to Swa size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back