Discuss TDMC multifunction DIN timer in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scampy

I have bought one of the above, Made by IMO in order to allow a light to renain on for a period after being switched off, not disimilar to a bathroom fan.

It did not however come with instructions, just some printing on the unit. I downloaded the circuit diagram but have had no joy getting it to work. Does anybody have any experiance with such as beast?

link to the instructions.

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/81585.pdf

I have bought one of the above, Made by IMO in order to allow a light to renain on for a period after being switched off, not disimilar to a bathroom fan.

It did not however come with instructions, just some printing on the unit. I downloaded the circuit diagram but have had no joy getting it to work. Does anybody have any experiance with such as beast?

link to the instructions.

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/81585.pdf

Right, you want off delay. This means the timer switches 'on' when energised, and needs a trigger wire to start it timing. An 'on' delay timer works by applying power to it and it starts timing streight away

This timer will do it but it will have to be set correctly and it may need a link between two of the terminals to make it work, and possibly removing to get it to start timing out.

If you have not used this sort of thing before, then wire it up to a 13a plug top and play about with it till you get it doing what you want.

You need to connect permanent live and neutral to A1 and A2 and your switch live to B1.

Like above you need off delay so set the switch to B, and then set your time

link your permanent supply (A1) to term 15 and the feed to the light from term 18

cheers chaps, i tried the method in the second post on site and when it didn't work i wired up via a plug and still couldn't get it to work, maybe it's faulty!

i'll have another go over the weekend before returning it.

just to clarify this bit.
You need to connect permanent live and neutral to A1 and A2 and your switch live to B1.
PL to A1 and N to A2, then take the N from A2 to the light

N to A2 and then on to light along with live feed from 18, im certain it will work if you follow what I put:)

Last edited by a moderator:
works fine now thanks for the help. i'll not say what i was doing wrong but the clue is. don't test with a fused isolator switch, use a standard switch!

Reply to TDMC multifunction DIN timer in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock