Discuss Testing advice in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good morning everyone wondered if you could help, so carried out and EICR of 3 commercial units in 2019 and since then had a dispute with the landlord and the landlord is now requesting my customer have there electrics tested again as the landlord is trying to say I did not do this correctly -

now quite clearly tests carried out in 2019 will have varying results to testing 2 years later .
but where would I legally stand on challenging this landlords comments? This comment from the landlord to my customer has potentially cost me a further job for them of over 15k so I’m looking to get some information I can fire back to this landlord ASAP

Sneak up and just bang him on the nose, if he saying bad stuff abouy you
This isn’t the route I want to go , I’m looking for a professional route as this is a continued case of defamation of character as I won’t register with NICEIC approved contractor they are trying to enforce there 100 customers not to use me and now trying to come up with reasons why not to use me and this maybe become a legal case of there harrassment and wrongfully telling my customers lies etc

Good morning everyone wondered if you could help, so carried out and EICR of 3 commercial units in 2019 and since then had a dispute with the landlord and the landlord is now requesting my customer have there electrics tested again as the landlord is trying to say I did not do this correctly -

now quite clearly tests carried out in 2019 will have varying results to testing 2 years later .
but where would I legally stand on challenging this landlords comments? This comment from the landlord to my customer has potentially cost me a further job for them of over 15k so I’m looking to get some information I can fire back to this landlord ASAP

Do you have details of what they are saying you did wrong or missed?

Do you have details of what they are saying you did wrong or missed?
No this simply started because I’ve told my customers you don’t legally have to be registered with NICEIC for electrical testing , so the landlord has got funny and decided to inform all customers they want to get there electrics re tested - all tests were carried out 2018/2019 . And this landlord has given the reason because gary don’t registered we believe he hasn’t carried out the works correctly

I won’t register with NICEIC approved contractor they are trying to enforce there 100 customers not to use me and now trying to come up with reasons why not to use me and this maybe become a legal case of there harrassment and wrongfully telling my customers lies etc
the is way out of this NICEIC are not the big shots has they think they are ,if have done the correct testing then you can say its was done write, i have seen a lot of peaple who put the some test certs on here and some are quite appalling ,but post the duplicate test certs take out the customers name and your self and let us be judge and jury .

No this simply started because I’ve told my customers you don’t legally have to be registered with NICEIC for electrical testing , so the landlord has got funny and decided to inform all customers they want to get there electrics re tested - all tests were carried out 2018/2019 . And this landlord has given the reason because gary don’t registered we believe he hasn’t carried out the works correctly
Your profile says Trainee Electrician so what qualifications and equipment have you got to justify your ability to carry out satisfactory EICR's
Has the landlord put any of this in writing to the tenants or yourself as without hard proof it could be a fruitless exercise making any legal challenge

Your profile says Trainee Electrician so what qualifications and equipment have you got to justify your ability to carry out satisfactory EICR's
Has the landlord put any of this in writing to the tenants or yourself as without hard proof it could be a fruitless exercise making any legal challenge
I have my 18th edition , 2391 , done 2394 and 2395 and have all test equipment . Landlord has sent it in email to myself and called all customers

the is way out of this NICEIC are not the big shots has they think they are ,if have done the correct testing then you can say its was done write, i have seen a lot of peaple who put the some test certs on here and some are quite appalling ,but post the duplicate test certs take out the customers name and your self and let us be judge and jury .
I will have to dig them out as will be in boxes as just moved as I sed was in 2018/2019 so will dig them out and do that

T much info guy, feel your pain tho, hopefully someone can come up with a soloution here,

Youve got his back up, and they will probably. Listen to him

If you feel that someone is slandering you, there's not a great range of options.

You could challenge them in a letter or you could take legal action. Problem with slander is that someone needs to go on record confirming the allegations as otherwise it is heresay and easily denied.

**I'm not qualified to provide legal advice, so the above should be considered as musings and not advice.

I have my 18th edition , 2391 , done 2394 and 2395 and have all test equipment . Landlord has sent it in email to myself and called all customers

That's good that he has emailed his thoughts. Keep that email.

Could you maybe post it on here but with any personal details obscured?

Officially written down somewhere will be the criteria needed to carry out testing, just copy it out and send it to the LL and anyone else that may be interested?

However BS7671, guidance note 3: page 12 section 1.2 does say :
it is worth noting that the person responsible for inspection and testing may be required to formally demonstrate competence by means of registration /certification under a recognised scheme or membership of a recognised trade body, or for example as a condition of contract and/or as a requirement of the Local Area Building Control.

If the landlord insists that you need to be registered that's the end of it I am afraid, even though they may be wrong technically, BS7671 is on their side.

Last edited:

Reply to Testing advice in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock