Discuss Thanks for the gift..... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mickys86

I got given a lead lamp today.

"Thanks, I haven't got one of them it'll come in handy"

On closer inspection of it I noticed that whoever done it was so obsessed about earthing the clip it was attached to that all other electrical awareness went out of the window

5e0b118d-1406-ae7f.jpg

5e0b118d-141c-6d4c.jpg

What I couldn't understand was that it's a sealed unit. So couldn't get into it to rewire it, maybe that's why they cut insulation off. Great idea if you ask me  haha
no it isn`t a sealed unit....got one of these myself mate.....if you look at the base you will find it unscrews....normal thread....thats how you get into these.....terminations within so dont sling it......just a straightforward repair job but the case is fragile brittle plastic.....a bit like bakelite so go steady with it......but there a good handlamp these.......

no it isn`t a sealed unit....got one of these myself mate.....if you look at the base you will find it unscrews....normal thread....thats how you get into these.....terminations within so dont sling it......just a straightforward repair job but the case is fragile brittle plastic.....a bit like bakelite so go steady with it......but there a good handlamp these.......

Whoops! Haha

Made me laugh, I'll have to take a picture of one donated to me several years back. I got a belt off it last year and its now lying in the shed waiting to be repaired. Should really PAT test my own gear really!

Made me laugh, I'll have to take a picture of one donated to me several years back. I got a belt off it last year and its now lying in the shed waiting to be repaired. Should really PAT test my own gear really!

At least I checked it first.... Haha

What do you suppose the CPC was attached to previously? Is there an earth terminal inside the unit?
I think I'd change the flex for some HO7 or arctic, but not do it like that.

thing is with these lamps.....they dont have a cord grip inside them and the wall thickness of the enclosure is too much for a cord gland n all....this is what i found with the one i have......oh and the metal handle has a means of connection for the CPC......

Reply to Thanks for the gift..... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net