• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Thanks for the gift..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickys86

Electrician's Arms
I got given a lead lamp today.

"Thanks, I haven't got one of them it'll come in handy"

On closer inspection of it I noticed that whoever done it was so obsessed about earthing the clip it was attached to that all other electrical awareness went out of the window

K

Knobhead

Have you PAT tested it?

A nice gently PAT with a lump hammer springs to mind.

GLENNSPARK

Electrician's Arms
What I couldn't understand was that it's a sealed unit. So couldn't get into it to rewire it, maybe that's why they cut insulation off. Great idea if you ask me  haha
no it isn`t a sealed unit....got one of these myself mate.....if you look at the base you will find it unscrews....normal thread....thats how you get into these.....terminations within so dont sling it......just a straightforward repair job but the case is fragile brittle plastic.....a bit like bakelite so go steady with it......but there a good handlamp these.......

mickys86

Electrician's Arms
no it isn`t a sealed unit....got one of these myself mate.....if you look at the base you will find it unscrews....normal thread....thats how you get into these.....terminations within so dont sling it......just a straightforward repair job but the case is fragile brittle plastic.....a bit like bakelite so go steady with it......but there a good handlamp these.......
Whoops! Haha

D

D80

Made me laugh, I'll have to take a picture of one donated to me several years back. I got a belt off it last year and its now lying in the shed waiting to be repaired. Should really PAT test my own gear really!

mickys86

Electrician's Arms
Made me laugh, I'll have to take a picture of one donated to me several years back. I got a belt off it last year and its now lying in the shed waiting to be repaired. Should really PAT test my own gear really!
At least I checked it first.... Haha

A

Adam W

What do you suppose the CPC was attached to previously? Is there an earth terminal inside the unit?
I think I'd change the flex for some HO7 or arctic, but not do it like that.

GLENNSPARK

Electrician's Arms
thing is with these lamps.....they dont have a cord grip inside them and the wall thickness of the enclosure is too much for a cord gland n all....this is what i found with the one i have......oh and the metal handle has a means of connection for the CPC......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.