Discuss The "Evil" Stepfather! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1shortcircuit

I've been trying to explain to my 13 year old stepdaughter for I don't know how long why she does not need her bedroom light on during the daytime when she's sat downstairs watching TV or ear wigging in on conversations. Despite my efforts it's all gone IN one ear and OUT of the other!

What can I say? Well I believe I've said enough. What I can do and have done is.... Fit a bloody timer switch! Have that lol

Been in there for about two weeks now and she absolutely hates it.

It still makes me smile just thinking about it lol

Boys......way ahead of all of you! When I rewired our place after the flood, I put a dedicated radial in the loft which feeds thing like the TV amp to the bedrooms and normal lights via a contactor - one flip of a breaker downstairs and its lights out for two teenagers. And 14yr old step daughter had her lights disconnected full stop for 24hrs after me getting fed up of telling her to turn off. Next time its 48hrs. She was all brave about it until she realised she couldn't do her makeup properly!!! Both their rooms are led so its more about the principle than the money.

I had the same problem with Two teenage boys,turn light on when they get up and leave it on all day no matter where they are.Solution,One PIR in each bedroom,but wired through the swich,so they can sleep at night without activating pir. job done,and considerable savings on leccy bills

Reply to The "Evil" Stepfather! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock