Discuss Think I'm being haunted! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since Halloween last week strange things have been happening to me. First thing was my work boots, I always take them off at the back door and leave them there for the morning. No one else in the house and when I got out of the shower and came down stairs they were on the shoe rack by the front door!

Bought a pack of BROWN raw plugs, opened the box and they were RED raw plugs in a brown raw plug box?????

The strangest one happened yesterday. Working on an office atm and rigged up some temporary lights for the main room, temp lights have been working fine for 5 days. I'm using this circuit to feed my new lighting circuit (well Sparky Sharky installed them lol) Simple enough to change over the cables in the rock rose. No load on the new circuit (no lamps in the fittings at this stage) and once powered back up, NO current at all!!

I traced the circuit run in 25mm pvc conduit and there was a break in the Line conductor in between the DB and were it then enters the office room. No work has been carried out any were near it? Just sods law that the old re-usable cable decides to pack in whilst the owner is in the building and makes me look a right fool. These cables tested out fine last week. Stayed until 7pm last night running a new leg so not impressed with the ghost that seems to be following me around atm.

Just a strange fault with no reason or explanation for it apart from it was the cables time to pack up and I just happened to be on site so it must be my fault.

You are obviously sleep sparkying and do not realise it!:sleeping::lightbulb:; you are moving boots, swapping rawl plugs and snapping cables all just to increase your paranoia in the run up to Christmas.
:sifone:
:thinking2:

the things some sparks dream up to create extra work ( = extra money ) are beyond belief. :75:

Early onset dementia, or, are you sure you didn't have Glenn in tow? :)

Dementia is a strong possibility, or may be I'm just losing my mind in my old age lol (I'm only 38 btw).

Wish I had Glenn there so he could say that I was'nt losing my mind. Then again the amount of frustration this fault caused me at the time, Glenn would have ripped the 25mm conduit off the wall with his teeth to find the phantom fault.

the things some sparks dream up to create extra work ( = extra money ) are beyond belief. :75:

No extra money on this one Tel. I just fixed it free of charge for my hours. He has spent a few grand with me this year so its the least I can do. Bloody strange, good timing and made me look like a C##t. He's got his lights up and running, thats all they see, sockets switches and light bulbs lol.

Blame Phil!

Dont get me started Howard. This Sunday gone he had a bloody lighting fault that needed to be sorted before the builder came back on Monday. It was the builder that caused it in the first place. Knocked down a stud wall with 2 x 2 way switches on it and all the single cables was all over the place. That was a lot of belling out to do on a Sunday afternoon. All sorted, customers happy and the bill sent to the builder. (not cheap)

I think you have a point,my grandad walked under a ladder when he was a lad and over the next 94 years,he lost EVERY one of his teeth....its spooky....

^^^^ Yep, I went to a church one day and said the fatal words "I DO". Never been able to chat up a good looking single girl yet. I'll have to stick with the make and model I have now lol.

Altsimerz protest march chant.

What do we want......
"We don't know"
When do we want it. .......
"Want what ?"

I don't like this joke very much, as my girlfriends nan is suffering terrible with it.
But it was used with good humour to raise altzimerzs awareness.
They call it the "long goodbye", and it is apparent

But how many have we walked down a few flights of stairs to the van.
Opened it up
And stared vacantly inside wondering wot the hell were looking for ?

re the last line...... many times. also , when looking for a particular tool, you can't find it anywhere. then, a couple of hours later, you go for something else, and the one you spent 30minutes searching for is sitting there staring you in the face.

Reply to Think I'm being haunted! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net