Discuss Thoughts on this combo.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Or can you suggest a better alternative?

I have had three of those drill drivers over the past ten years but don't take that the wrong way and assume they are naff. I regularly use the end as a hammer for one, and it gets used, dropped and generally abused on a daily basis.
They are a great little driver. Not loads of power but for 12V decent enough. I have a slightly bigger Milwaukee 12V too which is definitely more powerful but has too many negatives for me; battery comes out by itself sometimes, ergonomics are bad with the forward/reverse button in slightly the wrong place, the slip ring between hammer/drill/driver keeps sticking. They are kind of little things but after using it daily for a few months I ended up buying another bare Bosch as per your link as I had the batteries etc already.
I don't know about the impact but I had a 10.8V Bosch impact years ago and it was pants! It kinda worked sometimes but more often than not it lacked oomph.
I would wholly recommend the drill driver though.
Milwaukee do a slightly more compact version of the 12V than the one I have. That might be decent....am guessing the Makita 12V is similar to the Bosch..

I have that set had it about 4ish years and it is still great, the impact doesn't have the power of an 18v but for small and restricted stuff it's perfect. I use mine daily for elec installation but do look after my kit and can't fault it one bit!

That is one thing I will say, I got about 18 months out of the 1st set of batteries.
I have Milwaukee 18v and Bosch, and I must say the Milwaukee kit is better in every way, and I was a Bosch tart for a very long time before I converted!!

ive had the same set as that for 5 years now got it for £120 at travis perkins. also bought the 4ah and 6ah 12v batteries to with them. worth every penny imo

Attachments

• Thoughts on this combo.... 20190720_205933 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190720_205933.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 11
Thanks all for the feedback. I appreciate that we all have our favourite manufacture ( I’m happy with my 18v range of DeWalt). I had been using a Metabo 10.8v 4ah driver for light work - securing DBs, accessory screws etc as it is very light to carry/use. But both batteries are now fubarred, hence looking for a similar/better replacement.

Reply to Thoughts on this combo.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock