Discuss Thursday in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

What hostility?
lots of questions for the British government as well to answer.
its in nobodies interest for a bitter divorce after all it might be a no vote
I am not saying Hostility from my point of view, I am suggesting if Salmond made british weapon systems illegal in your country and as that would mean you are not part of the defence of the United kingdom, would that make you hostile? you would have no GCHQ, no Cabinet office, no systems in place for the defence of the coastline, no defence whatsoever, how would that make scotland a partner in defence of the British isles? they would have to be considered a hostile nation, outside Nato, outside the EU outside of the UK/US relationship for the defence of western europe, just saying, think about it.

If you get independence lads and Salmond makes us remove all weapons systems from Scotland would that make you in the eyes of what is left of the UK a hostile country? Would you be in Nato, would you be in the EU, would you be a passport entry level country due to the hostility, lots to answer for salmond IMO.

Actually I've not heard many "firm" answers on anything so far!

What I have heard a lot of is fear and scare mongering - from both sides

No DVLA, no national post office, the new line to Scotland which is a link to Europe would probably be cancelled, No passport office it goes on, you would have to spend billions to just get a basic system in place, the whole country will become chaotic lol

They would have to be considered a hostile nation?! What nonsense is that?! Does that mean Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, South Africa, Egypt and the like are ripe for invading!! See the nonsense Westminster spews

They would have to be considered a hostile nation?! What nonsense is that?! Does that mean Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, South Africa, Egypt and the like are ripe for invading!! See the nonsense Westminster spews
How do you know that the UK does not have shared security sytems in place with those countries, certainely Australia and new zealand are partners of western europe regarding defence, I would think switzerland although outside of the EU will have agreements in place, how do you know no US patriot systems are not in swiss territory defending western europe? and we would consider egypt and south africa outside of our circle and possible hostile nations.

No DVLA, no national post office, the new line to Scotland which is a link to Europe would probably be cancelled, No passport office it goes on, you would have to spend billions to just get a basic system in place, the whole country will become chaotic lol
Exactly but don't tell the silly jocks that the Yes voters are to busy waving their claymores and shouting freedom to realise. As said before I'm having a f**k off scotland party.;)

How do you know they do? I have no doubt there are golden handshakes with relation to them all. So is it to say that if the evil Egyptians fancy a shot at Scotland that the whole world will stand by? Guff

How do you know they do? I have no doubt there are golden handshakes with relation to them all. So is it to say that if the evil Egyptians fancy a shot at Scotland that the whole world will stand by? Guff
No I wouldn't suggest we would not defend Scotland, I personally would do so, I consider you family, we have a 300 year old bond, and 50% of your country men and women think the same. However Salmond could cause problems for you if he didn't cooperate regarding the defence of the british isles and europe, otherwise known as the west. Assuming he would cooperate, then he will need us more than he is telling you lot wouldn't he?

Salmond won't always be here. He's pushing on and if he does get his way with the yes vote he will retire gracefully once it's all dead and buried circa 6 or 7 years from now. Just so he can lead the first proper parliament in Scotland. After that it's fair game. We would be daft to not tow the Europe line to a certain degree and a crucial trading partner such as England. But and it's a big but we will be able to decide which path we take when we want to take it.

Who's staying up all night for one of the (possibly) most significant events in UK history?
I am.
Best lay off the booze until about 12'o'clock.
Yes I will be up mate, It will either be a great day to remember or the start of a hard very diffcult 2 year seperation which 50% of Scots will be gutted about, I would like to see a majority yes vote of at least 70% or the whole thing should be called off.

I personally don't mind Cameron alone. He has an unenviable task especially with the yes vote just now and the IS militants. It's what he and and all his Etonian cronies stand for that sticks in my throat. Osborne is a class A tool as well

I personally don't mind Cameron alone. He has an unenviable task especially with the yes vote just now and the IS militants. It's what he and and all his Etonian cronies stand for that sticks in my throat. Osborne is a class A tool as well
I agree except the first bit, I hate Cameron as well, I also dislike salmond, I honestly believe he is only interested in himself and not you lot, anyhow whatever the decision, your always be one of us in my eyes. I just honestly think if yes then billions will need to be spent getting an infrastructure working up there regarding the basics, you will need an army, an airforce, a navy, a GCHQ, a HMRC, a DVLA, a passport control office, a post office, a central banking system linked to major partners for stability, a currency, a social services, border controls, cooperation with the west regarding defence, a repayment scheme for your bit of the one trillion pound UK debt. It goes on and on, good luck for Thursday though mate, I hope you get your wishes either way.

Im hoping for a big no vote and the immediate resignation of the 2 anoying turds, without a big pension. They have cost us enough already with this nonsense.

Boydy

Well i was a no man but all the bully tactics recently has put me on the fence , TBH i dont really pay much attention to the politics side , they are all robbin $£"%^%$ (politicians) lol

just been watching the news and that ----er Brown was saying that if Scotland stays in the uk then they will be given lots of new things by the government,personally I've never thought of the scots as a stupid people and I can't see them falling for that old chestnut.We've all seen how often the government lies and promises things then does a quick u turn,I personally am sick to the back teeth of the lies peddaled by our government,they need to realise that the people have had enough and aren't going to fall for their fairy tales any more.

If the government is promising them more ,I suppose that means money so where is that coming from what English budgets will be cut
none at all mate,that's my issue with this lying theiving bunch of ----ers,ok they'll promise things but once they get their own way the promise will vanish like a puff of smoke!

Reply to Thursday in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net