Discuss Tier 4 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dunno, but i will have a go at working it out, i think the 5 mins is a bit optimistic, unless there is a separate admin part so you just pull your pants down and hey presto.
Good point...maybe get some volunteers to organise it instead ? What about the council staff that usually man the polling stations ? the NHS are certainly not famous for their efficiency... military personal to oversee ? There must be a way...

Dunno, but i will have a go at working it out, i think the 5 mins is a bit optimistic, unless there is a separate admin part so you just pull your pants down and hey presto.
My wife tested this theory last night, pulled her pants down and hey presto!
Still had 2 minutes left to put the kettle on.

I am not sure if I could repeat the procedure 500 times in a week though!!!

Assuming we have enough of the vaccine... this lockdown nonsense could be over in a week !!

Clearly I'm missing something with this calculation ??

YES.
Vaccine is in limited supply.
The current batch being used was produced before it was approved for use.
They're already working on more batches, but remember most Countries pre ordered so as each country approves use of it the demand gets higher.

As the other vaccines come on stream the rate of vaccination will increase but is unlikely to get to more than 1 milion per week in the U.K.

There's an online calculator to work out when you might be offered the jab, it allows for age and conditions.
Mine comes out at end of Feb 2021

Interesting calculator... mine comes out at the end of June 2021... 1,000,000 vaccinations a week works out at 23 'jabs' per GP per week, which is ridiculously low. It must be to do with supply then...

Did that and I am approx 39 millionth in the queue, which is gonna be fluid at best as people die and develop illnesses they can’t be treated for in the current climate

I think we just need to get enough people vaccinated so that the virus cannot spread like it does right now. I did read somewhere that if we had 10 million vaccinated... that would be enough to allow us to get back to normal life... but I have no idea on how that's been calculated.

Interesting figure from that calculator... take up rate assumed to be 70% ?? So 30% of people will refuse to have the vaccine ?? Seems surprisingly high to me...

Assuming the figures are correct and 30% of the population refuse the vaccine the social disturbances will be horrible as all the people that have had the virus may still find themselves in a tier 4 area assuming the the percentage of refusals are high enough in that area, or will be forced to carry some form of ID proving vaccination I presume, but that still won’t stop certain areas remaining in high tiers I suppose?

I think it's the 'herd immunity' concept that's important... so by vaccinating enough people, in effect we are artificially creating herd immunity and the virus will then not be able to spread and naturally die out. So in an area with non-vaccinated people, they might catch the virus, but there are not enough non-vaccinated bodies to pass it on to.

Interesting calculator... mine comes out at the end of June 2021... 1,000,000 vaccinations a week works out at 23 'jabs' per GP per week, which is ridiculously low. It must be to do with supply then...

It's supply and with the first Vaccine the supply of low temp freezers.

I had my Flu jab last week and my G.P hasn't been told they are going to be doing the Vaccine, other G.P's in the area have been told they are.
However it's directly across the road from 1 of 2 Hospitals in the City.

Let's just hope the vaccine does the trick. I'm getting sick of the vocal minority on Facebook, etc. who seem hell bent on promoting anti vaccine propaganda. FFS if you don't want it then don't have it, but don't keep banging on about it. The vast majority of people luckily are not like this.

Let's just hope the vaccine does the trick. I'm getting sick of the vocal minority on Facebook, etc. who seem hell bent on promoting anti vaccine propaganda. FFS if you don't want it then don't have it, but don't keep banging on about it. The vast majority of people luckily are not like this.
if it's on faceache, it's usually bullsh*t and should be ignored. just some pillocks that are tired of slagging people off. nothing better to do.
tell you what, if covid don't get me , in 2026 I will be having a retirement party. i promised 'er indoors that I'd retire then at 80.

if it's on faceache, it's usually bullsh*t and should be ignored. just some pillocks that are tired of slagging people off. nothing better to do.
tell you what, if covid don't get me , in 2026 I will be having a retirement party. i promised 'er indoors that I'd retire then at 80.
She might have left you by then Tel !

I would take a bet, you dont know anybody that has had the virus or died from it.
Wrong - this morning one of my friends died from it. You lost the bet .

currently, 1 in 85 have the virus.

it’s the same odds of rolling 3 dice and getting 2 sixes and the third dice showing a 2 or 4 or 6. Get this and your in hospital and or dead. Roll the dice every time you meet someone ( within 2 meters )

do you want to play the game?

I take the view of Pascal’s wager.

if I wear a mask , etc and the virus does not exist , then no great loss (look silly etc)
If it does exist, then I have cut the odds of me suffering or someone else.

therfore, whether it exists or not is not relevant..... obey the rules anyway.

If you don’t believe , then do away with the blue book - how many people are we saving from electrocution versus the number who have died from Covid.

let’s state ( I really mean it - that the IET ) serves no useful purpose today.
There are more deaths from ovens than all other causes and there isn’t anything covering use of ovens in any of the manuals.
it’s just. a method of collecting £100 every couple of years

I hope the Vaccine starts to work, this is a nightmare for anyone over 70 who gets it. I hope the government does not start another "eat out to help out" scheme too early, that was a major factor IMO why it came back so quick, the Lockdown was stopped and then millions mixing in cafes etc too soon after, Fingers crossed this year will see the Virus beaten

Reply to Tier 4 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net