Discuss TNS Supply Underground in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spudnik

Afternoon chaps,

Just arrived back after digging to locate an incoming TNS lead sheath cable ready for the DNO to relocate.

Now, after a couple of hours going through brick rubble and the usual stuff you find, i came across, what i thought was a water main.

Brilliant, i thought, cable will be around there somewhere - not.

After another hour of digging, i discovered eventually that the supply cable is in fact inside what i think is a 30-40mm steel tube!?!?:confused:

Has anyone come across this before?

I have done a fair few over the years and TNS have always been lead sheathed.

Cheers
J

Maybe just down to the builder, who stuck a bit of pipe in the ground and backfilled when the cable team arrived and were told about it, found their cable passed through saving them a trench so did'nt argue.
You do see some funny ( WHAT THE! ) things at times.

It does seem a bit odd, though im not complaining.

Just not used to seeing it like this.

i have never dug a hole to find the supply auth incomer as that is what i pay them to do

SSE do not dig holes on private property anymore, unless its in the pavement/road.

Its all down to the owner.

Well, as an update, SSE came, took one look and ran a mile!:D

No, basically they have to shut the road down through a link box in the pavement. cut the pipe in 2 places to access the cable and then switch back on.

Quite a common installation around that area apparently.

Anyhoo, the cable pullers fitted the cutouts in each of the flats and installed some funky MET's:

Image016.jpg

Reply to TNS Supply Underground in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net