Discuss £££ to fit a chandelier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just had someone on the phone asking how much would I charge to put up a chandelier.

I honestly have no clue, what would you guys generally charge for something like this?
Have you been for a butcher at the job, no use saying £50 when you get there you find you need scaffolding etc, tell the customer you will come for a look, scope the job out see what's involved, then give him an ESTIMATE if he doesn't like your price, walk on by.

Have you been for a butcher at the job, no use saying £50 when you get there you find you need scaffolding etc, tell the customer you will come for a look, scope the job out see what's involved, then give him an ESTIMATE if he doesn't like your price, walk on by.
What about a call out charge to have a look? no?

What about a call out charge to have a look? no?
Well you could tell him by phone how much your call out charge is, with NO guarantees of being able to help, if it's a fair travel then do what you think, he may say, as most do "how much?" but what do I know I'm retired my thoughts apparently don't count.

Well you could tell him by phone how much your call out charge is, with NO guarantees of being able to help, if it's a fair travel then do what you think, he may say, as most do "how much?" but what do I know I'm retired my thoughts apparently don't count.

Well I actually value your opinion the most Pete as most other people give you smart arse answers. Thanks!

Arse lick level: 100

sometimes you are best to just agree to fit and wire the base and keep away from fitting the expensive glass dangly bits if it has them,unless the customer agrees not to blame you if you drop something
Bit like fitting a new Tyre and not inflating it up then, in case it gets a puncture.

It's not usual to charge for a visit to quote/estimate. Maybe if it involved a large amount of design work, but I've never done it.
i've never designed a chanedlier either. i leave all that to the arty farty types.

Reply to £££ to fit a chandelier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net