Discuss Today’s weather report from scotland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Still snowing here between Newport and Cardiff. Just got back from a couple of quote visits and to turn the heating on at the house I'm working on.

Roads look OK, but are far from it. I normally like driving in the snow, but today I'm glad to be back home safe and sound.

Yup, been some snow for sure...
I won't be going anywhere soon

WP_20180301_12_16_06_Pro.jpg

Yes, it's a beautiful place! You should see the side garden...a boat slip, and a huge shed, full of gear! Plumbing stuff, electrical stuff, marine equipment...and there's a sailing boat, a motor boat, several sailing dinghies, some canoes...
Brother in law is a bit of a tool tart too! He has 10 of everything...and I am not joking!
Also, he has his own electricity generating plant...I kid you not. There is a dam up the hill, a pipe for the water to run down, and a power-shed with enough DBs to make you weep! He uses what he needs, and feeds the rest into the grid. There is a fabby generator there, with a diverter valve which sends the water into a spill-way so the genny can be serviced...
The noise is amazing!
Next time I am up there, I will take some pics...

sat in traffic on a b road for about an hour watching lorries struggle to get up a very slight hill, great fun when the van heater is buggered, no signal either as it was in a "valley" between massive hills

got the heater working today though, ripped the carpet cover off and gave it a ruddy good hit with a spanner, have to do this everytime but at least it works

i saw online some guy tweeted out to all the people stuck on a motorway in scotland that he has a boot full of irn bru if anybody needs a drink... dont get much more scottish than that!!! i heard they are stocking up on the orange stuff due to a change in recipe.
We have quite a bit in Bath now, its still snowing and drifting in wind... wind chill is bit nasty mind...

20180301_181926.jpg

20180301_181907.jpg

i saw online some guy tweeted out to all the people stuck on a motorway in scotland that he has a boot full of irn bru if anybody needs a drink... dont get much more scottish than that!!! i heard they are stocking up on the orange stuff due to a change in recipe.
We have quite a bit in Bath now, its still snowing and drifting in wind... wind chill is bit nasty mind...

View attachment 41102

View attachment 41103

ive had to go into a few different shops today to stock up on the real irn bru

dare say if it gets much worse ill be ringing up irn bru to see if they have some reserves for loyal customers

Wish they wouldn't keep saying 'the whole country is affected by snow'. We had a dusting wednesday morning, gone by dinner time, not seen any since here in south Cumbria. Always the same. Mind you, it's bloody cold! Love to see the loonies who insist on wearing shorts in this weather pretending they don't feel the cold, look right twonks.

Wish they wouldn't keep saying 'the whole country is affected by snow'. We had a dusting wednesday morning, gone by dinner time, not seen any since here in south Cumbria. Always the same. Mind you, it's bloody cold! Love to see the loonies who insist on wearing shorts in this weather pretending they don't feel the cold, look right twonks.
same here 1" snow t'other day. none since. now warming up to -1. where's my shorts?

Reply to Today’s weather report from scotland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net