Discuss Tool belts .....anyone a fan?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ian1981

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As title suggests , what’s everyone’s opinion on them?
May have to consider buying one as the company has supplied new ppe and although nice quality snickers trousers and tee shirts have been provided, the trousers have come without the flappy pockets as most of the lads have tool belts so didn’t want the extra pockets.
I’m not a fan of the tool belt but may consider buying one as having no flappy pockets to store screws, tools and the like while say doing 1st and 2nd fixing etc will become annoying to me I’m sure.

Oh and for the fans out there any recommendations?
Ta

if i want my trousers pulling down, i get 'er indoors to do it.

I'm not a fan either. If I need to keep fixings to hand I'll either use the box they are supplied in or use a screw box, then when I've finished I can save the rest for later.
If you put too many tools in a tool belt it puts a lot of strain on your back.

I used to work with a guy who wore a tool belt like a costume accessory - he'd huff and puff around like a steam train with this empty leather tool belt slung over his shoulder as if to say "look at me, I'm a rufty tufty salt of the earth builder type" while everyone else thought he just looked a ****.

They have there uses if say up a ladder so you can store on your hip various tools etc without going up and down. but can get heavy and in the way when working low and kneeling, I always remember when in the forces you would get the gucci GI's as we called them, mainly private contractor/mercenary sorts .. yanks with belts and leg holders for every type of weapon and shiny tool you could imagine. thought they were a one man army... funny thing was after a few contacts it soon went as it slowed them down and stopped them working aswell as they could have done if they were not weighed down. You can have all the weapons in the world but it doesnt make you invincible from a bullet or ied, likewise a new toolbelt full of tools dont make you a good tradesman either.

was considering snickers, but i don't like nuts.

Toolbelts are for house bashers, cowboys, shopfitters, kitchen fitters, woodbutchers and diyers.

Not a fan and I feel slightly uneasy working with somebody wearing one.

An older electrician than myself pointed that out to our foreman a while ago who was wearing one and we all agreed.

Last edited:
Very common with electricians in the States and from what I've read, with some Bosses they are actually compulsoryfor the electricians working for them as they are perceived to increase productivity...

I have used them in the past carrying clips and hammer when running cable externally and still have one...I also like smaller ones to hold a few tools and other bits when working up steps or ladders..

When I was climbing poles ect, I had a "nail pouch" I threaded onto my climbing safety belt. It held a few small selection of tools plus my amp ect and would not have been without that...

With regard work trousers, I don't particularly like the current fashion to have 79 flappy pockets all stuffed with various crap but on the other hand, I don't like the large tool belts that hold two dozen tools when you actually only need two or three for a particular job...

Gavin, could you please alter your font size. my eyes can't cope.:(
Ah apologies, it depends on whether i use my phone or laptop to access the forum, it seems to prefer the smaller font/size on my laptop but phone is bigger like this, i will endeavour to manually change it in future!

I use a Kunys EL1503 (£20 ish) belt when needing to be up a ladder with fixings. Good to have tools to hand you just have to be selective so it doesn’t get too heavy.
I don’t like flappy pockets, i always wear a belt so it works for me.

I use a Kunys EL1503 (£20 ish) belt when needing to be up a ladder with fixings. Good to have tools to hand you just have to be selective so it doesn’t get too heavy.
I don’t like flappy pockets, i always wear a belt so it works for me.

These days I use a Stanley nail pouch and/or the EL1503 depending what I am doing.

For the folks who find a tool belt tends to fall down, you can either add a harness, or a simple 1" wide web strap over one shoulder like the old military Sam Browne belts.

Reply to Tool belts .....anyone a fan?? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock