Discuss Tools help for newbee!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

BLADES on my erbaur one have been changed once and probably could do with changing again.....Really not an issue.

My VAC is a Charles, spent the extra as needed wet vac for unblocking drains at home.

gosh and all the stuff you get told at college must be a marketing ploy!!

so now i narrowed it down to
sds drill with chisel function
cordless driver with hammer function
screwdrivers
mft tester
dvi

that lot should get me started. does it cost more to calibrate 3 seperates compares to a mft?
can i buy a used mft or singles of ebay and get them calibrated.
at college the were saying that some testers are outdated cause there 16th reg testers so is the kewtech fc1000 checkbox which didnt make sense. tutor actually shot me down cus i was looking at buying one. said it didnt comply:shocked:

best laugh is which im seeing more and more often is lads with all the best kit who are completly crap at there trade! all fur coat an no knickers lol!

i bought mine off a member on this forum, megger 1553 , so hang around get too know ones and sure one will come your way..

gosh and all the stuff you get told at college must be a marketing ploy!!

so now i narrowed it down to
sds drill with chisel function
cordless driver with hammer function
screwdrivers
mft tester
dvi

that lot should get me started. does it cost more to calibrate 3 seperates compares to a mft?
can i buy a used mft or singles of ebay and get them calibrated.
at college the were saying that some testers are outdated cause there 16th reg testers so is the kewtech fc1000 checkbox which didnt make sense. tutor actually shot me down cus i was looking at buying one. said it didnt comply:shocked:

drop the cordless if ye skint,u already got the drill and a screwdriver

Thing with not having cordless is lack of power on some sites.

All of my MFTs (3 of them)are second hand flukes.

Not had a problem yet...........

i been using a metrel 61557 for a few yrs now. It deos most of what the £800 testers can do. and they go fairly cheap on ebay etc:. however i would expect a calibration cert to come with it ( for your own peace of mind )

Aldi have a VDE screwdriver set for £4.99 as from today.
Its good for a beginner or someone with lack of cash, I do not know what they are like though.

Its good for a beginner or someone with lack of cash, I do not know what they are like though.

I might get one just for a laugh, i need a new VDE set, i fancied some wera ones but for 4.99 they are worth a try!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Aldi have a VDE screwdriver set for £4.99 as from today.Its good for a beginner or someone with lack of cash, I do not know what they are like though.
iI bought two sets of these today after reading this; for a for a fiver you cant go wrong. I have'nt used them yet but the seem ok , nice and comfy .Got one set for the car and the other for general around the place stuff, saves getting the gear out the truck lol. I'll report back if they are rubish. They are quite heavy and made of chrome vanadium .

For what you pay there Aldi tools are surprisingly good value, ok they're never going to be as good as the stuff in your average spark's toybox but if you're just starting out, skint or urgently replacing theived gear then it's a good deal

For what you pay there Aldi tools are surprisingly good value, ok they're never going to be as good as the stuff in your average spark's toybox but if you're just starting out, skint or urgently replacing theived gear then it's a good deal

You're right , I bought an air cut off tool it's absolutely mint for getting into tight places (mechanical jobs) and the blade is still doing well.I bought it for a get me out of jail job and it's still going strong.

I was at Aldi last week and got the diamond core set, some work socks, gloves, set of cable rods and some bloody nice steak. Love it there :)

Reply to Tools help for newbee!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock