Discuss Trust Mark UK in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

Well seems very few years the same Topics turn up...

I see the last one on this was 5yr ago and was said NO WORTH DOING..

So, me I've just got the Scope of Certification from the NICEIC.
along with paper work for TrustMark Scheme and Electrotechnical certification scheme
Just a Application form for a "Qualified Supervisio - Part P" going to the JIB
<what i dont think i can get ANY thing from JIB with my qualifications & Self Employed>

But the Trust Mark UK
I need Employers Liability Insurance Certificate -Min ÂŁ5M or Written confirmation of your sole trader statue.
the annual TrustMark registration fee of ÂŁ65+VAT

So thats ÂŁ65 plus 20% is ÂŁ13 total of ÂŁ78/yr

Im reading other Groups Costs to join TrustMark

Stroma Certification
Trustmark membership with Stroma: ÂŁ50 per annum
Electrical membership special offer: ÂŁ290 per annum

ELECSE
P.O.A

Membership of NAPIT with TrustMark:- ÂŁ390 a year

Membership of NICEIC with TrustMark:- Fees not provided - P.O.A

Im not sure what POA means, or why the cost is so different between bodies when its a NON PROFIT organisation, licensed by the government.

Maybe hold off and see how i go in the first year, i dont expect to do brilliant for the first and maybe second year. Just want to do some thing i'd enjoy without, (about to say sucking up to a boss to keep the job) or Agency work day to day.

^^ ditto

spend some money on a decent alarm clock and never be late to work or a client and you will get a reputation for being reliable - something money can't buy!

Fees not provided - P.O.A

Im not sure what POA means,
POA usually means price on asking or price on application. It means they'll tell you the price if you ask but they don't want it general knowledge. If also means the price may well be tailored according to the info you give them.

I looked at this too when thinking of joining one of the schemes!
I decided not to join anything and see how I got on - I went self employed 3 years ago and then limited 2 years ago, I don't advertise apart from business cards to people I am already in contact with, my van isn't sign written, I don't belong to a scheme,
I sub to one large company which is what I consider my bread and butter, I look after several other small businesses (shops, hairdressers etc) and I still get 2-3 ÂŁ200-ÂŁ800 jobs a week, I work 5 full days and both weekend mornings. I hold ÂŁ10m PL due to the fact I sub to docks and marinas.

I think word of mouth is worth more than any of this stuff that these people come up with!
Do a good (neat,safe) job, on time, well presented and polite and I truly believe the work will come.

Reply to Trust Mark UK in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net