Discuss Urgent call out .....dinner now in the dog in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just about to have me dinner and get a call out to no hot water, kiss the kids goodnight and look forlornly at my plate as I leave the house, customer has pleaded for it to be sorted tonight as it’s only on off peak immersion and they must have hot water in the morning. Arrive at the house and go through the standard what happened and they tell me they heard the tank boiling so turned it off and haven’t had hot water since. Thermostat fried so simple fix but during the conversation they told me when they turned it off ......................2013!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I lost my dinner for this ????

Just about to have me dinner and get a call out to no hot water, kiss the kids goodnight and look forlornly at my plate as I leave the house, customer has pleaded for it to be sorted tonight as it’s only on off peak immersion and they must have hot water in the morning. Arrive at the house and go through the standard what happened and they tell me they heard the tank boiling so turned it off and haven’t had hot water since. Thermostat fried so simple fix but during the conversation they told me when they turned it off ......................2013!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I lost my dinner for this ????
Maybe they were being put under pressure to have a bath. :)

About a quarter past eight in old money :)

It goes;

breakfast, mid morning snack, brunch, elevensies, lunch, your 3 oclock, dinner, tea, supper, midnight snack. But not always in that order.
And chips. At any time between those set meals.

Posh hotels do say dress for dinner ..... not tea

I think posh hotels would like you to dress for ANY meal. Not just dinner.

Starkers for breakfast?

I get that all the time, call out on Sunday to an urgent problem... Yes it has been playing up for a few weeks but...Oh it went on Monday but...We have had problems with it since we moved in...well it has always been a bit odd but we have friends over tomorrow...
Huh!

It goes;
breakfast, mid morning snack, brunch, elevensies, lunch, your 3 oclock, dinner, tea, supper, midnight snack. But not always in that order. And chips. At any time between those set meals
Perfect !
My dear Dad used to say “call me anything you like, just don’t call me late for dinner !!!”

Last edited:
my old dad used to say:
"if it's not broke don't fix it. if you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault. and if a bent nail can be straightened, why buy new?"

and he made wall plugs by whittling scrap bits of wood; cable clips from a bit of scrap aluminium, cut, nailed, and and wrapped round cable.
the straightened nails were sorted according to size and type and stored in a collection of old jam jars.

Reply to Urgent call out .....dinner now in the dog in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net