Discuss US election thread do we have one? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I would like to add my opinion on our election. Trump is an idiot and acts like a kid tweeting all the time. He always says HE did this or this and doesn’t even acknowledge his staff who are the ones who try and cover up the stupid sh— he says and does. I hope he doesn’t win again. I can’t stand another 4 years of his crap. I guess I’m through venting and thank you for listening
Glad you’re ok Megawatt. I think both sides of the pond we have people in power who are not fit to lead. Looks like your man has just sneaked in so it looks like there is now some hope for honesty, decency and tolerance ? He’s got one hell of a job on his hands now. Lets hope we too can get our act together soon to get rid those who seek to divide society.

I don't get too excited about US presidents as there's plenty to be getting on with at home.

While I don't think Trump was the ideal choice for the job (nor do I think Biden is either), it seems that people are very quick to overlook what he did achieve. A lot of Americans were crying out for jobs and he provided employment for many of them - obviously recent events will leave many unemployed, but that's going to happen in across much of the world.

Probably his greatest achievements were overseas in areas he wanted to stay out of. Trying to reduce interference in foreign countries was certainly laudable, where often wars are started at the first sniff of oil. He played North Korea at their own game and reduced tensions considerably as a result - something no previous Western leader has come close to doing. We've also recently seen diplomatic contacts resumed between Israel and three nations who were previously hostile to them, along with direct flights for the first time in many decades.

In short; had it not been for Trump's rhetoric and lack of diplomacy, we'd probably be judging him much less harshly.

The world is pretty hysterical right now and I'm naturally suspicious of people who shout loudly about what others should or shouldn't think, so I tend to explore behind news headlines.

I don't get too excited about US presidents as there's plenty to be getting on with at home.

While I don't think Trump was the ideal choice for the job (nor do I think Biden is either), it seems that people are very quick to overlook what he did achieve. A lot of Americans were crying out for jobs and he provided employment for many of them - obviously recent events will leave many unemployed, but that's going to happen in across much of the world.

Probably his greatest achievements were overseas in areas he wanted to stay out of. Trying to reduce interference in foreign countries was certainly laudable, where often wars are started at the first sniff of oil. He played North Korea at their own game and reduced tensions considerably as a result - something no previous Western leader has come close to doing. We've also recently seen diplomatic contacts resumed between Israel and three nations who were previously hostile to them, along with direct flights for the first time in many decades.

In short; had it not been for Trump's rhetoric and lack of diplomacy, we'd probably be judging him much less harshly.

The world is pretty hysterical right now and I'm naturally suspicious of people who shout loudly about what others should or shouldn't think, so I tend to explore behind news headlines.
I think the assertion that Trump created jobs is very debatable. Obama put in place a huge economic stimulus in 2009 and the the reduction in unemployment just continued on the same path it was already heading under Obama. As for foreign policy he may have achieved something on the basis that the other despots realised they were dealing with a nutter. I think he’ll go down in history as an egotistical, self obsessed liar.
Quite telling that our own resident liar was quite stilted in his congratulations to Biden.

I think the assertion that Trump created jobs is very debatable. Obama put in place a huge economic stimulus in 2009 and the the reduction in unemployment just continued on the same path it was already heading under Obama. As for foreign policy he may have achieved something on the basis that the other despots realised they were dealing with a nutter. I think he’ll go down in history as an egotistical, self obsessed liar.
Quite telling that our own resident liar was quite stilted in his congratulations to Biden.

US GDP dropped in 2016, but them rose more sharply from 2017 than it had previously. Manufacturing jobs also increased significantly after Trump's appointment, which was something that he'd promised to tackle. I'm not really interested in what people think of Trump, Biden, Johnson or any other politician, on a personal level (nor do I wish to share my own thoughts about them), and have simply provided some information that might help balance the discussion.

I suspect your assessment of why North Korea backed away from confrontation is quite accurate and I felt that they really didn't know how to deal with someone who didn't behave as a politician might be expected to, but the middle east situation was borne from very different circumstances and came out of the blue. I feel it is unfortunate that people can not view those developments for what they were and sincerely hope that progress is not undermined for no reason other than departing from Trump's strategy.

It's quite reasonable to criticise where criticism is warranted, but I'm firmly of the belief that credit should also be awarded when due.

Boris is a lost soul now with Biden in the White House.

Biden is an Irish republican through and through and has a very dim view of the UK.

As a Scottish independence supporter this is slightly better news than a Trump victory

Boris is a lost soul now with Biden in the White House.

Biden is an Irish republican through and through and has a very dim view of the UK.

As a Scottish independence supporter this is slightly better news than a Trump victory
It doesn’t matter what biddens views are on anything he’s not who the party wants in the big chair they just used him as a pawn to get Kamala in there, not a bad thing I should add, Cruel as it sounds Bidden won’t be around long enough.....Doesn’t Trump claim Scottish ancestry though mate?.......c’mon you can’t pick and choose your brothers ✊ ?

It doesn’t matter what biddens views are on anything he’s not who the party wants in the big chair they just used him as a pawn to get Kamala in there, not a bad thing I should add, Cruel as it sounds Bidden won’t be around long enough.....Doesn’t Trump claim Scottish ancestry though mate?.......c’mon you can’t pick and choose your brothers ✊ ?
@Baggedd Trump acted like a spoiled little brat and thought he couldn’t be beat. He might have done some good things but with his cocky attitude and thinking he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I just personally couldn’t stand him. Biden will be there for Boris because we are your friends and great allies. He was so confident that he was going to win the election and now he doesn’t want to leave the White House. In January if he doesn’t leave they will get him for trespassing ?

@Baggedd Trump acted like a spoiled little brat and thought he couldn’t be beat. He might have done some good things but with his cocky attitude and thinking he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I just personally couldn’t stand him. Biden will be there for Boris because we are your friends and great allies. He was so confident that he was going to win the election and now he doesn’t want to leave the White House. In January if he doesn’t leave they will get him for trespassing ?
I hope that there are a few politicians currently in power, both sides of the Atlantic, who will get their comeuppance for the lies and corruption they’ve been involved in. Our lot are currently riding roughshod over the law to line their pockets under the guise of emergency powers.

I hope that there are a few politicians currently in power, both sides of the Atlantic, who will get their comeuppance for the lies and corruption they’ve been involved in. Our lot are currently riding roughshod over the law to line their pockets under the guise of emergency powers.

Not really. 'Our lot's are currently losing out by the fact that a hell of a lot of tax income is being lost and money is having to be borrowed. You do realise the government would much rather businesses be up and running and generating revenue for them right? And they would also prefer customers to be spending money on the high street, especially with it being nearly Christmas, and bringing revenue in.

Also, think about how much revenue they are losing in fuel duty now that nobody is going anywhere.

Not sure how they are 'lining their pockets'.

Last edited:
I’m sure the American system has policies in place for ensuring voting cannot be cheated, and some form of grievance if there is suspicions.
Trump will take every opportunity there is to ask for recounts, investigate possible fraud etc.
Way back he wanted everyone to vote in person, as the postal system was open to fraud. At the same time Biden encouraging postal votes to keep crowds away from voting stations due to corona.
Spoiled brat that he is, he has got some brain cells trained heavily on abusing the system to its extreme.

Not really. 'Our lot's are currently losing out by the fact that a hell of a lot of tax income is being lost and money is having to be borrowed. You do realise the government would much rather businesses be up and running and generating revenue for them right? And they would also prefer customers to be spending money on the high street, especially with it being nearly Christmas, and bringing revenue in.

Also, think about how much revenue they are losing in fuel duty now that nobody is going anywhere.

Not sure how they are 'lining their pockets'.
Nothing to do with supporting business. I’m talking about all the dodgy PPE companies that have been registered, clearly linked to Tory ministers and friends of friends that have syphoned off billions. Legit companies experienced companies in the field have been ignored. We’ve had companies champing at the bit to do airport testing ignored. Billions wasted on management consultants on failed track and trace. That’s the overt corruption.

Nothing to do with supporting business. I’m talking about all the dodgy PPE companies that have been registered, clearly linked to Tory ministers and friends of friends that have syphoned off billions. Legit companies experienced companies in the field have been ignored. We’ve had companies champing at the bit to do airport testing ignored. Billions wasted on management consultants on failed track and trace. That’s the overt corruption.

Ah I see. Yes, that seems to be how governments work these days sadly. Tony Blair was good at similar things.

Whether people are Biden supporters or Trump supporters you can't take away the fact that the same people accusing Trump of being Anti-democratic & saying no fraud has taken place, seem to be the very same people for the last 4yrs who have been accusing him for the very same thing they say can't happen.

You see anti-Brexit MP's tweeting & saying Trump should believe in democracy yet forgetting they all signed to have a 2nd referendum whilst on there way to March through London saying Brexiteers didn't know what they voted for.

The irony of many people is staggering.

Personally I think Biden may surprise us and be good for the UK, just have to wait and see.

One thing I learnt after a fair number of years investigating fraud is that a very high proportion of victims refuse to acknowledge or believe that they’ve been actually been conned ?

Reply to US election thread do we have one? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net