Discuss Vaulted ceilings and downlights ............. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Murdoch

Regular EF Member
The room is approx 5.3 meters long, about 3 meters wide and along the centre of the pitched ceiling (which is flat) is about 3.5 meters

The client wants downlights .... in the centre of the flat section of the pitched ceiling.

Concerned about the spread of light .....

Looking for recommendations please based on experience

Thanks

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
Why dont you put some gimble fittings in would make seance.
then the spread of light would be better .

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
What’s the spread on the very shallow 12watt type with a recessed diffuser - almost commercial in style but very neat.
I haven’t used any but like the look. Amitex centurian. Says 90 degree spread.

Edit, I have used the centurian and it’s very good and comes with remote if required but I was talking about this style.

mhar

Electrician's Arms
Ansell Orbio come with 15 and 30 degree lenses so you can direct the light where you want without having to use gimbal fittings. They also work brilliantly with their own (cheapish) Ansell dimmer

Electrician's Arms
What insulation is going to be around these down lights? What space are you going to have above them?

I'd be inclined to use Enlite Uni-fit for what seems to be proposed. Depending on how wide the flat part of the ceiling is, how deep the space is behind that and what insulation is used in proximity of the fitting.

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
‘Last edited by moderator’ has made the posts make no sense - @ruston and @anthonybragg and a ceiling fan in the library!
The butler did it!

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
That’s a nice smart and clean looking light @plugsandsparks - I linked to the centurion which is much the same.
It’s sometime difficult to not get a little excited about lighting!

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
I have to say it really annoys when the OP doesn’t come back with anything - typical outsider @Murdoch

plugsandsparks

Electrician's Arms
I have about 100 drivers for the above lights if anybody needs some spares.. lol
Currently in the market for RGBW stair way lights, about 35mm diameter if anybody has a product in mind

Electrician Talk