Discuss VDE Screwdrivers recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Used ITL very satisfied with them.
I think domestic lot like the Wiha /wera types .The commercial lot like Boddingtons etc .They are bloody excellent .I had 3 before but they got nicked by someone a few years ago.
I think domestic lot like the Wiha /wera types .The commercial lot like Boddingtons etc .They are bloody excellent .I had 3 before but they got nicked by someone a few years ago.

There’s an echo in here…

I’m sticking with Wiha. Goes with the torque driver I’ve got.
Any VDE should be up to the task, but it’s down to the blade size in relation to the terminal screws you would be working on. So there may be a good reason that wiha are common with domestics.

I too thought Boddingtons was the “cream of Manchester”

There’s an echo in here…

I’m sticking with Wiha. Goes with the torque driver I’ve got.
Any VDE should be up to the task, but it’s down to the blade size in relation to the terminal screws you would be working on. So there may be a good reason that wiha are common with domestics.

I too thought Boddingtons was the “cream of Manchester”
Forum posting went all pete Tong yesterday

for RCBOs, wiha are great except for 1 thing.... the bits fall out even when locked in because the lock is pants.

Pound for Pound I still feel Wiha are the best

I bought the Wiha 6 piece Slim Set for around £30 from screwfix when they were on special and I have absolutely caned the carp out of them and they are still going

Have tried the Wera and Wiha multi bit changing screw drivers but just found it too faffy keep chopping and changing inserts when up a ladder ect. I do see their merits as you can travel lighter with 1 handle to multiple bits but I just prefer a good old fashioned one piece

Pound for Pound I still feel Wiha are the best

I bought the Wiha 6 piece Slim Set for around £30 from screwfix when they were on special and I have absolutely caned the carp out of them and they are still going

Have tried the Wera and Wiha multi bit changing screw drivers but just found it too faffy keep chopping and changing inserts when up a ladder ect. I do see their merits as you can travel lighter with 1 handle to multiple bits but I just prefer a good old fashioned one piece
Just had a look at screwfix 6 pc wiha slim set for £23. Good price if it’s the right sizes

Just had a look at screwfix 6 pc wiha slim set for £23. Good price if it’s the right sizes
https://www.screwflix..com/p/wiha-softfinish-mixed-vde-slimfix-screwdriver-set-6-pcs/8820g

Yep that is the set I picked up a year or so ago , think I paid £28 or £29 back then ,which for 6 quality drivers is great value

I have used and abused them week in week out and they are still going strong

https://www.screwflix..com/p/wiha-softfinish-mixed-vde-slimfix-screwdriver-set-6-pcs/8820g

Yep that is the set I picked up a year or so ago , think I paid £28 or £29 back then ,which for 6 quality drivers is great value

I have used and abused them week in week out and they are still going strong
I just bought them. Heading out to pick them up.

Really I only need a #2 pozi and a slotted that fits a standard double socket terminal.
I’m sick of the rounded off tips of the ones I’ve got slipping out the terminal and finding the palm of my hand!

I just bought them. Heading out to pick them up.

Really I only need a #2 pozi and a slotted that fits a standard double socket terminal.
I’m sick of the rounded off tips of the ones I’ve got slipping out the terminal and finding the palm of my hand!
I have tried sharpening rounded flat heads in the past but when you can but a whole new set for 20 quid, now just bin rounded drivers.
Honestly 20 quid for 6 drives its insane value for money

Prime tools have an offer on Wiha VDE screwdrivers at the moment:

What's more, they have a 20% discount code valid until end of today "MAY20".
If you spend enough (£40 excl VAT) shipping is free; you could always buy several sets!
But there is lots more VDE stuff to tempt you, if so inclined (don't ask).

As a bonus, the set doesn't include the useless neon screwdriver that some sets include!

I stocked up over the weekend.

Prime tools have an offer on Wiha VDE screwdrivers at the moment:

What's more, they have a 20% discount code valid until end of today "MAY20".
If you spend enough (£40 excl VAT) shipping is free; you could always buy several sets!
But there is lots more VDE stuff to tempt you, if so inclined (don't ask).

As a bonus, the set doesn't include the useless neon screwdriver that some sets include!

I stocked up over the weekend.
That's a good price, but unfortunately not the slim version that's on sale at Screwfix.
Their price for the slim set is £34.79, less 20% in the sale, which ends today:

thing i found with the Wiha slims is that the bits were always falling out. usually into a pile of crap left by plasterers et al, or into an inaccessible place.

The multi-bit changeable screwdrivers have their uses like if you want to travel light to a small call-out job or doing EICRs and you only want to take a small carry bag with you.
But for day to day use where you use your screwdrivers for prying , poking , prodding , bashing etc I use my normal screwdrivers , they take more punishment and if you snap or bend one they are cheap to replace

I find the Wiha and Wera ones ok, the CK and Bahco ones seemed to break if you looked at them the wrong way. I use Facom Expert at the minute, had my set for over 3 years and no breakages and still in top nick. Very comfortable to work with.

Did lose one of the 10 piece set no more than a few minutes after getting them, that's happened with most sets of screwdrivers I've ever bought. Someone somewhere has a lot of tea stirrers though😆

Facom is actually the one brand I haven't tried (yet) but everyone seems to rate them so I know which drivers will be next on my shopping list when my Wiha slims give up the ghost

Reply to VDE Screwdrivers recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock