Discuss Veto Pro Pac...... yes or no? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I'd say if you can afford it , and can justify it then why not,

They're very well made and you won't regret buying good quality,

I have 2 bags MC, XL and a meter pouch
In the MC I carry tools and meters which would cost me over a grand to replace at today's prices therefore I wanted something good to put them in.

However if someone is relatively new to the Industry I'd say spend the money on good Tools and Textbooks first!

What makes them worth the price?
My mates a builder. I just went around for a cup of tea and a chat. The only thing I took with me was my new Veto Pro Pac XL which I just happened to have with me as I walked into the house. He was EXTREMELY jealous = priceless.

I keep thinking maybe too...... but that's as far as I get. :)

I might be tempted to get one of the pouch thingumies to save hauling my bag everywhere.

The C.K. Magma bags are brilliant for the money.

The lad that does Artisan Electrics seems to be promoting them but I suspect he’s getting a few freebies for the plugging.
[automerge]1568451368[/automerge]
I need a new tool bag. Current one is worse than my wife’s handbag for finding stuff! :eek:

...The C.K. Magma bags are brilliant for the money.
The trouble with those though... is they only have internal tool storage on one side of the bag. I added some loops for tools on the other side too, which has made it far more useful.

What makes them worth the price?
I used to buy a Stanley or CK bag almost yearly and found that holes appeared in the pockets ,Straps broke , cracks in the bottom and I'd lose tools occasionally, plus I always wanted a bit more organisation than these bags had.

After 5-6 years I saw a Veto bag, its owner let me have a good look at it, and I decided to give it a go.

The thing that convinced me was I was spending at least £50 a year sometimes buying 2 bags so £100 ish some years

So if the veto cost more but lasted longer than 2 or 3 then it was the same cost

I bought the XL £120.00 then
which I've had 8 -9 years now used daily for 5 years in all environments and it's a bit dusty but no rips only damage is the bottom is scratched and the shoulder strap is a bit worn otherwise it's in very good condition

In 5 years I'd have paid out between £200 and £450 on cheaper bags so I've actually saved money

I haven't really used the XL much the last 4 as I changed job and needed something smaller as the job involved overseas travel so I got an older type MC which is more compact etc and that has shown the same resistance to wear and tear etc

Like others went through a CK technicians bag yearly, gave the Veto Tech LC a go and haven't looked back - couldn't recommend one more!

Have had it about 4 years now and in very good condition still, having one of their TP4's (tool pouch) is also so handy when working carrying hand tools.

The lad that does Artisan Electrics seems to be promoting them but I suspect he’s getting a few freebies for the plugging.
[automerge]1568451368[/automerge]
I need a new tool bag. Current one is worse than my wife’s handbag for finding stuff! :eek:
I never get anything for promoting Veto bags but I just love them so much i'm happy to give them some free promotion!

Veto tool bags are very well made, too well made as I tend to shove more tools in making it heavier!!!

This! I had a veto xxl tote bag, it has been retired to the shed as it got too bloody heavy! it weighs about 5kg on its own without any tools lol you need a toolbox with wheels!!! then a small satchel for the tools you actually need for that the task you carrying out.

I never get anything for promoting Veto bags but I just love them so much i'm happy to give them some free promotion!
Very surprised at that Jordan... there’s gratitude for you! If they change their mind and send you some freebies you can send the surplus my way ;) Haven’t been able to justify the pice yet.

I’ve just made the decision NOT to go the veto route. Controversial I know...but decided to go with Wera 2Go instead. The thinking behind this is only to carry into the job what you need/ want, and leave the rest in the van. Started buying them, cheapest place seems to be Amazon, followed by eBay. But Screwfix cheapest by far for the big bag.
Although I’m a bit of a tool tart, trying to be realistic and cut down to tools that I actually need, and not just carry for the sake of having a full tool bag. So divided my kit up, less to carry at each time, plus it’s more secure in the van than left on site in another room while you just do that 5 min job in another room etc.

Veto Pro Pac...... yes or no? ima - EletriciansForums.net

I've got the TP5B, still trying to find the right balance;

On handle; Brown blue gy tapes, leather an in pouch.
In belt loop; Klien 935AB4V spirit level
D ring on picture left; Erbauer Impact bit selection box, Klien magnetiser, meter box key
D ring on picture right; leash connection to M12 impact driver

Back row (5 vertical sections); Rolson multibit pistol grip ratchet driver, M3.5 tap, Draper Ergo Expert Needlenose (NN),
Draper Ergo Expert 7-in-1 Pliers, Aldi VDE drivers 2x PH2x100mm, 1x PH1x80mm, Slotted 6.5mm 5.5mm, 4mm,.

Mid row; Aldi auto wire strippers, Martindale VT12 2pole tester

Front row; Marxman, Preciva Bootlaces crimper, LAP clamp meter, Pen flashlight

Left side exterior pockets; 8oz claw hammer, CK VDE 3x0.5mm slotted, CK VDE PH00, brush

Right side exterior pockets; Irwin 7-in-1 but driver, Wickes strike through slotted and PH2 beaters, double ended perm marker, magnetic light on stick, Milwaukke M12 Impact - Chain attached to bag via clip to keep tool secured to bag when not in use

Very front; Stanley Fat,ax 8m tape
Inside pocket (not visible); Kewtech Kewprove3 and lockout kit, CK VD Stubbies PH2 & 4.0SL & MOD2, Hex chuck to 3/8" socket converter (allows use of Irwin sockets in impact driver.

So far has given me everything I've needed at hand.

Reply to Veto Pro Pac...... yes or no? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock