Discuss VW 2002 Polo electrical. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi. can anyone help with a 2002 VW 1.2l Polo electrics query.
For some winters now, I have a recurring issue with my Polo, in that when the ignition is off, with or without the key in, there is a permanent dim glow in the blue instrument backlighting and speedo / rev counter needles. The glow is not the strength of the proper backlighting and it goes as soon as the ignition is turned to the second position and, or starting the engine. When I open or close a door, the glow initially disappears but returns after a second or so. I am sure the issue stops in the summer and I've assumed it to be a combination of cold, damp and poor battery condition. However I've recently replaced the battery but the issue remains. There are no other apparent electrical problems with the car and no warning lights etc.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
Barry.

Reply to VW 2002 Polo electrical. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, i am new to forum, 1st post here. tried to get any info on vwvortex but nothing. just bought a 2000 vw beetle, 2.0L, auto...
Replies
Views
S
Hi. I want to start to say that I've had this problem for some time now. I've given my car to more than one auto-electrician in an attempt to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock