Discuss VW Transporters (mainly 2017) and mainly MOLL batteries in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Mine is in dock waiting for VW to conjure up a new battery - they say this is an isolated event ............ but various sources on the internet suggest otherwise.

If you have one of these vans - make sure you are carrying your jump leads

Not having the van for 3 days has cause me havoc with my week, income and wasted time too - and the "icing" on the cake - VW hadn't got any vans to provide me so its a Skoda car - so carrying everything I normally do is out of the question!

VW - please get your act together and organise stocks of batteries AND get a recall organised ..................

That's not good. You leave the auto stop/start on all the time?

I have to turn it off every time I switch it on - painful - that said it hasn't been working much recently - a sign I missed about the battery starting to fail .........

Not having stock is really bad ..........

My Transit Connect is the same, I have to turn it off all the time, does my head in. We've had major roadworks at junction 28 of the M4 and the first island after that into Newport for months. Nose to tail crawling which isn't good for the battery.

Nice tip though about the stop/start not working if the battery is low.

Not holding stock... pain in the backside.

My Transit Connect is the same, I have to turn it off all the time, does my head in. We've had major roadworks at junction 28 of the M4 and the first island after that into Newport for months. Nose to tail crawling which isn't good for the battery.

Nice tip though about the stop/start not working if the battery is low.

Not holding stock... pain in the backside.

Stop start will also knacker the starter motor ....

Quite.

I did think about getting a wiring diagram for the Connect to see if there is a fuse that can be removed to turn the whole function off :)

The VW can be programmed to default to off - but that would cost me..... I've asked them to change it while they have it .... As part of the warranty work

these green snowfakes can't see past their eco-friendly noses. stop start may save a bit of fossil fuel and a bit less gases released into the atmosphere, but can't appreciate the environmental cost of manufacturing new starter motors, flywheel, batteries etc. all of which are shipped in non-degradable plastics of course.

I think the idea is to prevent smog in cities rather than save fuel. I'm pretty sure starting up any engine repeatedly uses up more fuel than it saves unless a qualified mechanic wants to tell me otherwise. I like to learn about processes like that.

Why can't you source a battery from a local wholesaler and charge VW for it. Or am I missing something? Not being able to use your van for days on end because of something as trivial as a battery is poor in the extreme.

I think the idea is to prevent smog in cities rather than save fuel. I'm pretty sure starting up any engine repeatedly uses up more fuel than it saves unless a qualified mechanic wants to tell me otherwise. I like to learn about processes like that.

Yes. Certainly makes the alternator work harder putting the charge back in that the repeated starting drains.

Well its back .................. fingers crossed I won't have to go beck to them for a long time...........

in VW's eyes the battery is not covered by the warranty - nor the diagnostics time - thankfully the battery was free and the time and loan car free (except the fuel I used)

Hi pal,i can almost guarantee you will be back...

Have you had the water through the roof,yet? Me pal has 5 of these in his fleet,and 3 have their own beach-towels,laid out...at the local dealer;);)

Gearbox issues,VVT fails,ECU's,wiring,ABS and door lock problems...i don't think this is what Hitler had in mind,for "the peoples car...":rolleyes:

Have you had the water through the roof,yet? Me pal has 5 of these in his fleet,and 3 have their own beach-towels,laid out...at the local dealer;);)

Gearbox issues,VVT fails,ECU's,wiring,ABS and door lock problems...i don't think this is what Hitler had in mind,for "the peoples car...":rolleyes:

Oh great ..........

I see the Grim Reaper made a duplicate account after I banned him last time...:p

Reply to VW Transporters (mainly 2017) and mainly MOLL batteries in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock