Discuss Wall Chasing...... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have a Hilti and it is brill, will do 46mm wide be 40mm deep and when attached to a hoover gives out almost no dust and I paid pds 260 off of ebay.

Do you have any ideas how much the Hilties are new?

Watching one now on ebay.

Just wondering if buying a 2nd hand hilti would be better thatn buying a new other brand version:confused:

A new Hilti is over a grand including VAT, so it really depends on how much chasing you do.

I bought mine on Ebay for about 260 which has more than paid for itself already.

What vacuum do you use with it victor?

Not sure what make it is, but I know it is about 1600w with 50mm hoses which I bought from one of the local diy stores here in France for about pds100.

It does exactly the same as the Hilti one as it has a built in socket outlet to allow you to plug in the chaser and only comes on when the chaser starts up. (this means you dont have to keep turning the hoover on and off all the time) Hilti equivalent is about pds 500.

Hope this help

Word of advice learnt from buying a cheapie Clarke wall chaser at Machine Mart (£117). It's similar to other budget models around. It does a good job, although replacement blades only available from a few suppliers. No complaints with it's ability to cut a chase. Loads of power at 1450W. I've done all the chasing in two or three rewires on the original blades and still going! But the vacuum extract port is directly in line under the blade so debris occasionally collects on the grill, blocking the airflow. This I think could have been designed better. Only noticed it really happening on crumbly old lime rendered walls.

Word of advice learnt from buying a cheapie Clarke wall chaser at Machine Mart (£117). It's similar to other budget models around. It does a good job, although replacement blades only available from a few suppliers. No complaints with it's ability to cut a chase. Loads of power at 1450W. I've done all the chasing in two or three rewires on the original blades and still going! But the vacuum extract port is directly in line under the blade so debris occasionally collects on the grill, blocking the airflow. This I think could have been designed better. Only noticed it really happening on crumbly old lime rendered walls.

Actually looked at that one but glad i've read this post now.

Going to order one of these as the cutting width is better than any other brand out there (apart from Hilti)

Product listing - Premier Diamond Products

Last edited:

Reply to Wall Chasing...... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock