Discuss what a day!! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adamh

what started out as a simple addition to the upstairs ring main. split the ring found that it wasnt a ring as far as the live was concerned opened up the board to find that nothing was!! :O 1 side of downstairs ring in a b32 otherside in a different b32 smaewith the kitchen except other leg was in a b16 with the shed upstairs ring just 1 2.5 in a b32 what a shambles! board was only changed 4 years ago 2 a 10way proteus (no rcd) managed to get thing straight apart from leaving the upstairs power off before home time and customer is going for a shiny new dual rcd board but it just goes to show the state of some of the workmanship that was out there was like opening pandoras box!! got a picture of a right beauty of a jb as well

no upstairs power:eek: call yourself a spark !
never mind he can always run an extension upstairs ;)
wish there was a way of stoppin cowboys like the previous "installer".......part p? notification?

what could i do 1 leg missing and didnt have enough time to find it cos its not in the board!! and no was a friend of a friend who fitted it ive got 7 lighting circuits to deal with as well and its only a 3 bed semi! whats the maximum length for tails from the meter to the cu btw??

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the guy must of just strolled into citys and just said ill have 1 of those the guy behind the counters said what breakers do you want and hes just said "oh you know the usual" lol

i know! got a bargain today tho from a wholesaler 4 ip56 chrome shower lights 4x50w gu10's single blank plate single surface b/box 2gang 2w s/w s/w fs 20.17inclusive

It's odd what happens sometimes. 100 yard from us they knocked down a bungalow to build a block of flats. How they managed to put 5 flats in that tiny space beats me! Anyway, as they let the flats to the local authority we are involved. done several change of occupancy PIR's on them, and reported back that there is no RCD on the ground floor flats despite being new build. I watched the build as I took the kids to school! Wonder if we keep failing them, they will let us put in a new CU??

It's odd what happens sometimes. 100 yard from us they knocked down a bungalow to build a block of flats. How they managed to put 5 flats in that tiny space beats me! Anyway, as they let the flats to the local authority we are involved. done several change of occupancy PIR's on them, and reported back that there is no RCD on the ground floor flats despite being new build. I watched the build as I took the kids to school! Wonder if we keep failing them, they will let us put in a new CU??

??

presuming it was done to the 16th, why has RCD on the ground floor flats got you reporting it? What code did you give it, and what reg has it contravened?:rolleyes:

no upstairs power:eek: call yourself a spark !
never mind he can always run an extension upstairs ;)
wish there was a way of stoppin cowboys like the previous "installer".......part p? notification?

Wayne, if it was 4 years ago, it would have been before Part P

Reply to what a day!! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock