Discuss What a sh** day!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Things happen in three's:-

First day back to work after the festive break, have not driven the van since Xmas eve. Loading it up this morning and notice that both reg plates have been stolen!!!!! :32::32::32:

After 20+ mins on the phone to the police reporting it I became late for work. Plus I had to pick up the apprentice from the train station via the flooded roads with no plates on my van. Then had to go home to pick up the log book making me very late for work. Most of the reg plate printers are closed for xmas :001_9898: but I found one that was open. Bit of a drive and £26 later, all is resolved (kind of).

Now in work and rushing to make up time I was drilling into trunking and "thought" that I have moved all of the wires inside out of the way...... WRONG....... It went bang and tripped the 200A 60947!!!! Put the warehouse in darkness and shut down 2 machines!!!! I'm ok, the drill is ok but the hole saw is fooked lol :rofl: ........... Very very lucky not to get a belt from it.

Now I have to repair the cables and test the circuit, all's fine so lets move on....

Cutting the guard cover for the 3ph incomer to incorporate my new tails on the main lugs I end up slipping the CK junior hack saw into my index finger..... DOWN TO THE BONE!!!!!!! Yes it did hurt btw.

So now whilst typing this and getting first aid from Mrs. M (qualified first aider better than me) I'm just imagining the amount of speeding tickets and the petrol forecourt bills coming through my letterbox in the next couple of months.

Hows your first day back at work been? Mine has been :001_9898::001_9898::001_9898:

I tried getting across Elland to find all routes closed I wanted to take due to main bridge in a state of collapse ... knacked my jobs up for a few months, going to have to go the long way around everyday :shocked3:, well at least that's all the bad weather has done to me, fingers crossed :shocked3:

Last edited:
Thats why I said fingers crossed:smug2:, windy as hell here at mo' and torrential rain expected middle of the night.. eeek!

Yep and I'm up on a metal roof tomorrow testing 150Kw system and hooking up to a 11kV transformer.... all before lunch!!! Well,,, that is what the boss thinks (hope he is not watching this thread???)

So some one else now will be driving around in an identical van with your original plates..... How long before the first ticket arrives through your letter box?

time for a private plate?

So some one else now will be driving around in an identical van with your original plates..... How long before the first ticket arrives through your letter box?

Yep my thoughts exactly!

The new plates that I had to put on myself tonight have a large logo on them that the old plates did not have :wink: Any CCTV from petrol forecourts or pictures from speed cameras can be very easily be distinguished with any officer of the Police force.

And yes, I am expecting letters from the law over the next few months. Sh** happens, it is how you deal with it that counts.

Bloody finger still hurts. Should have gone to the hospital and got a couple of stitches. The NHS are pushed for resources theses days, no point in troubling them.

Yep my thoughts exactly!

The new plates that I had to put on myself tonight have a large logo on them that the old plates did not have :wink: Any CCTV from petrol forecourts or pictures from speed cameras can be very easily be distinguished with any officer of the Police force.

And yes, I am expecting letters from the law over the next few months. Sh** happens, it is how you deal with it that counts.

Bloody finger still hurts. Should have gone to the hospital and got a couple of stitches. The NHS are pushed for resources theses days, no point in troubling them.

That's what he said!
Wicket keeper with 10 broken fingers | Metro News

Yep my thoughts exactly!

Be a good lad if you get about a bit, because you will get a few pulls on the ANPR. They will be after them. They could be up to anything.

Now that is just freaking stupid! A 64 year old should know better. (nice link btw lol..... daft git!!!)

Be a good lad if you get about a bit, because you will get a few pulls on the ANPR. They will be after them. They could be up to anything.

Arh the ANPR system... That just came into play when I bought a 2nd hand BMW from a local drug dealer (did not know that at the time lol). I got pulled 3 times in 8 days :rofl:

ANPR, that is why I'm waiting for the letters coming through the door. It will be interesting to see how many points they can rack up on the same reg?

Now that is just freaking stupid! A 64 year old should know better. (nice link btw lol..... daft git!!!)

Arh the ANPR system... That just came into play when I bought a 2nd hand BMW from a local drug dealer (did not know that at the time lol). I got pulled 3 times in 8 days :rofl:

ANPR, that is why I'm waiting for the letters coming through the door. It will be interesting to see how many points they can rack up on the same reg?

If they start coming just keep track of the time you have to spend trying to prove is not your vehicle!

A couple of years ago I heard on the radio about a lady in London who kept track of ALL the fines and tickets the "other" car was racking up. They kept a map with marks on for ALL of the events. This carried on until the cloned car was involved in a massive crash and was written off.

Funny you should say that cos I've got a private plate that I want to sell.

PM me if you're interested.

Good point Murdoch.

The theft of registration plates can be for a few reasons:-

A stolen van is now being driven around and any APNR system will show that it is taxed, tested and insured for how ever long they can get away with it whilst being registered at my address! Any speed camera/red light camera fines & points fall on my door step.

It's a van, it could be used to transport any form of goods unnoticed! In this area (25 miles) this could mean any little "rounded door handle" could be robbing houses and selling the goods on a car boot sale on a Sunday.

Time will tell but in the mean time I'm installing a CCTV system on my house by the weekend focusing on my van and Mrs. M's car.

Good point Murdoch.

The theft of registration plates can be for a few reasons:-

A stolen van is now being driven around and any APNR system will show that it is taxed, tested and insured for how ever long they can get away with it whilst being registered at my address! Any speed camera/red light camera fines & points fall on my door step.

It's a van, it could be used to transport any form of goods unnoticed! In this area (25 miles) this could mean any little "rounded door handle" could be robbing houses and selling the goods on a car boot sale on a Sunday.

Time will tell but in the mean time I'm installing a CCTV system on my house by the weekend focusing on my van and Mrs. M's car.

Since the abolition of the "tax disc" it has been estimated that the number of un taxed vehicles has doubled - so I expect the number of plates to be stolen to increase!

Since the abolition of the "tax disc" it has been estimated that the number of un taxed vehicles has doubled - so I expect the number of plates to be stolen to increase!

Well the tax office now have record of all untaxed vehicles and automatically send out fines, so I doubt it matters how many untaxed vehicles there are in all honesty.

Well the tax office now have record of all untaxed vehicles and automatically send out fines, so I doubt it matters how many untaxed vehicles there are in all honesty.

You say that but yet I received 2 tax reminders yesterday saying both vans ran out on dec 1st and this was my last chance to pay, which I obviously did first thing this morning online.
But that leads me to ask Have I missed the original reminder like we used to get or with this new system am I just expected to remember when it is due.

Oh and @ Paul You PLONKER :biggrin5:

Reply to What a sh** day!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net