Discuss What a sh** day!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

FWIW, I also had a pretty shiite day a couple of days ago. I managed to set my (full) wine glass down on the edge of a wee book on my desk. The contents decanted on to the keyboard of my laptop. Needless to say, all functionality ceased. But not a total and absolute disaster - I still had enough wine left for a fresh glass.

But the laptop was p1ssed. I did my best to clean it up but it was obviously still drunken and disorderly. Set it on end like an open book to let it drain. Still no joy. I do have other laptops but the loss of data is a bit irksome.

Things happen in three's:-

First day back to work after the festive break, have not driven the van since Xmas eve. Loading it up this morning and notice that both reg plates have been stolen!!!!! :32::32::32:

After 20+ mins on the phone to the police reporting it I became late for work. Plus I had to pick up the apprentice from the train station via the flooded roads with no plates on my van. Then had to go home to pick up the log book making me very late for work. Most of the reg plate printers are closed for xmas :001_9898: but I found one that was open. Bit of a drive and £26 later, all is resolved (kind of).

Now in work and rushing to make up time I was drilling into trunking and "thought" that I have moved all of the wires inside out of the way...... WRONG....... It went bang and tripped the 200A 60947!!!! Put the warehouse in darkness and shut down 2 machines!!!! I'm ok, the drill is ok but the hole saw is fooked lol :rofl: ........... Very very lucky not to get a belt from it.

Now I have to repair the cables and test the circuit, all's fine so lets move on....

Cutting the guard cover for the 3ph incomer to incorporate my new tails on the main lugs I end up slipping the CK junior hack saw into my index finger..... DOWN TO THE BONE!!!!!!! Yes it did hurt btw.

So now whilst typing this and getting first aid from Mrs. M (qualified first aider better than me) I'm just imagining the amount of speeding tickets and the petrol forecourt bills coming through my letterbox in the next couple of months.

Hows your first day back at work been? Mine has been :001_9898::001_9898::001_9898:

Happy new year mate, hope it gets better

FWIW, I also had a pretty shiite day a couple of days ago. I managed to set my (full) wine glass down on the edge of a wee book on my desk. The contents decanted on to the keyboard of my laptop. Needless to say, all functionality ceased. But not a total and absolute disaster - I still had enough wine left for a fresh glass.

But the laptop was p1ssed. I did my best to clean it up but it was obviously still drunken and disorderly. Set it on end like an open book to let it drain. Still no joy. I do have other laptops but the loss of data is a bit irksome.
get a usb 2.5 hard drive dock

you can then take the one out of the broken laptop and plug it into the new through the dock

Sorry to hear you had such a Sh**y Day but don't worry about what the Crimbos are doing with their van with your number plates fitted to it, you reported the theft so you should have a crime number/record of it and keep the reciepts/proof you bought 2 new number plates and you're in the clear.

Sorry to hear you had such a Sh**y Day but don't worry about what the Crimbos are doing with their van with your number plates fitted to it, you reported the theft so you should have a crime number/record of it and keep the reciepts/proof you bought 2 new number plates and you're in the clear.

So Paul can go round breaking the law and blaming the clone van? I doubt it will be that easy!

I had a similar experience and was in the clear, as long as you have the referance/crime number it should be fine. However Paul M might find that he gets stopped as the Police will have that number flagged.

Numerous criminal reasons for the theft of your reg plates, but as Barrie has said, you've covered your arse by reporting it. Most police forces have a local database, which will start flagging up the crimes as these toe rags start their thieving. As well as keeping fuel receipts, car parking tickets etc. Keep a diary of your travels & mileage, so they tally up, and you have some form of proof where your vehicle's has been. You can't be in two places at the same time! I'd keep a copy of your crime report with you, and proof of ID, which makes life easier when you get pulled over.

I'd sliced the end of my finger off, before Xmas with a mandolin slicer - Dumb arse!

Numerous criminal reasons for the theft of your reg plates, but as Barrie has said, you've covered your arse by reporting it. Most police forces have a local database, which will start flagging up the crimes as these toe rags start their thieving. As well as keeping fuel receipts, car parking tickets etc. Keep a diary of your travels & mileage, so they tally up, and you have some form of proof where your vehicle's has been. You can't be in two places at the same time! I'd keep a copy of your crime report with you, and proof of ID, which makes life easier when you get pulled over.

I'd sliced the end of my finger off, before Xmas with a mandolin slicer - Dumb arse!
Wife - Hi honey, how was your day at the cucumber factory
Husband - Not so good, I got caught putting my penis in the pickle slicer.
W - My god, what happened?
H- I got fired
w- No, I mean what happened with the pickle slicer?
H - She got fired too.

Some good points there Gents, thanks.

As for the keeping of records as proof of where I have been driving at the time of any incident, very good point! I bought Mrs. M a dash cam for Xmas, it just so happens to include a feature of recording your driving route via a GPS system??? erm I think I may be taking it back off her for a short while until this is resolved.

Reply to What a sh** day!!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net