Currently reading:
What are you doing/done today

Discuss What are you doing/done today in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toneyz

What are you doing/done today ? not a direct poll but I thought that it would be interesting to see a snapshot of a day in the life of a E.F. member did it go to plan what problems did you overcome.

I had a 2 hour job planned this morning to install a flowswitch in some 3 inch pipework on a water pump. I just needed to install 1x tee piece fitting to accomodate it. It turned into a full day, about 30 fittings an entire pot of paste and a full bag of hemp because the existing pipework discintegrated as soon as we got the wrenches on it :(

First fixing a new build house today, a nice change as I normally avoid these. :D The builder couldn't believe I'd clipped all the cabling on joists and in the loftspace all nice and tidy. apparently very few bother nowadays according to him ! Crazy though I can remember first fixing an average sized semi in a day many years ago when doing sites but couldn't do it in 2 now.:rolleyes: And Westward 10 - I think the issue on your board is maybe earth cable used as L/N on the incomer but disguised with loads of brown and blue tape ?

I had a 2 hour job planned this morning to install a flowswitch in some 3 inch pipework on a water pump. I just needed to install 1x tee piece fitting to accomodate it. It turned into a full day, about 30 fittings an entire pot of paste and a full bag of hemp because the existing pipework discintegrated as soon as we got the wrenches on it :(
That's not what we call it over here but whatever gets you through the day Marvo!

Yawn, yeah I know you told us all before, lunchtime went for a swim in a mountain lake, then eat beef biltong for lunch, quaffed down with lashings of Pinotage Reserve. Before Barbie on the beach in the evening. I don't know how you manage it :)

I've seen it used in the UK but quite a few years ago, maybe is gone out of fashion.

Funnily enough we had a recent legalisation of the type of hemp you're referring to which is known locally as 'dagga'.

Hi Marvo: Plumbers hemp & Boss white sealant is still readily available over here but I think it's mostly Industrial sites that use it nowadays.
For smaller stuff, I think it's all PTFE tape used mostly now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I was up 2 yesterday. Trying to get it finished.

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

Nice easy morning revising for my regs exam.

Passed my regs exam.
Cleared my car out (filled the wheelie bin from the carp) gave the inside a wipe, cleaned my windows; so clean you can see through them!
Learnt how to properly fold down my rear seats after a year and a half of owning my car :D

Bought a new tool bag and tools as "a reward for passing my exam" (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ) :D

Reply to What are you doing/done today in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back