Discuss What do you reckon folks, nice or extravagant. the tools I mean in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That’s funny.
Those tree fittings don’t look IP rated!
I like the funny with the switch to day and night.
@rolyberkin won this set I think I can remember. A very good win in my mind.

That has been around for a few years, in I think three different variants. I know someone with one, the downside is with it being a rigid case, all the extra (old favourite) tools you'll want to add in can make it difficult to close. Also, do you want to be tied to one brand for all your tools, when you may favour Wiha drivers but prefer say Knipex pliers & snips.
Leaving the actual case aside, has anyone added up the best pricing on the Wiha tools included and compared to the £1,000+ price tag of this as a complete kit? It just "seems" expensive - I for one have picked up some great online offers on sets of Wiha Slimfix VDE drivers, hex nut and Torx drivers from the likes of Screwfix, CBY Tools & others... I just have a hunch that you may be paying £400 for the case, and £300 for tools that you already have or would not use. Maybe wrong. It's certainly not something you'd buy for your apprentice, so I'm not too sure the target market is that large.

He looked around on the ground with his torch to find his knife that had ‘dirty water’ on it - probably that deer after all it’d been through - poor deer!
Edit - that’s ‘smart water’ the cat just told me!

Oh come on Lads you know you would like one, you're all just making excuses cus you wouldn't spend the asking price, bunch of spoil sports, bet if Santa came down the flue with a set you wouldn't say no, I know I wouldn't, I have toolitus bad.

Oh come on Lads you know you would like one, you're all just making excuses cus you wouldn't spend the asking price, bunch of spoil sports, bet if Santa came down the flue with a set you wouldn't say no, I know I wouldn't, I have toolitus bad.

Love Wiha tools, use them every day, but have to agree that the sum of the cost of the contained tools would leave a very expensive case. Most of the tools are cheap as chips.
Surely you'd rather spend the same money on separate tools and a better container, such as a nice Veto to keep them all in ? I know I would.
Might even be able to get a Milwaukee packout system for the price. Much rather have one of those.

At 2:56 was that the predator sound? In the words of that great Austrian philosopher; “If it bleeds we can kill it!” But I’m sure the predator only had eyes for those tools.:)

What about this set @Pete999 ?

Yep very nice, what tickled me was the walk through the woods to repair some lighting, yes your choice is equally as nice as the one I picked, can you imagine though, getting a call to come and repair my outdoor lighting? worth buying the tools just to get that sort of kit, and to be honest it knocks the spots off of a Veto Bag imo, trouble being, I would be cleaning that lot after every job.

Last edited:
Done a bit of digging and the Knipex case in bottom Picture seem very similar in fact identical to the Wiha one.

£444 for the case alone.
s-l1600.jpg 2859384-40.jpg

bloody hell. i've bought vans for less than that.

Yes would love one if those sets ,but how can you justify that cost for the case , when you could get a set of battery's drills in a case for less, would no say know though if santa is reading this .

Done a bit of digging and the Knipex case in bottom Picture seem very similar in fact identical to the Wiha one.

£444 for the case alone.
View attachment 46528 View attachment 46529
Yes looks identical.
I've been looking at Milwaukee packout lately and for that money I could get a rolling toolchest, large toolbox, small toolbox, and large totebag, all in a clip together modular system.

Reply to What do you reckon folks, nice or extravagant. the tools I mean in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net