• Thread starter Mike Blair
  • Start date
  • Replies 233
  • Views 20K

Currently reading:
what grinds your gears?

Discuss what grinds your gears? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

your right, there.

my stepdad was watching a show on status quo, he changed the tuning on the guitar in less than 10secs to a different key while he was chatting to the camera about something else.

i dont care who you are, it takes a lot of practice and a good ear to tune instruments quickly.

(i should know when i played in a band we slightly tweaked out tuning out of reference so each of us would stand out if we wanted)

nothing like standing up playing on your own infront of 200+ people to gain confidence

Chuck Berry made his fame and fortune by playing out of tune! ;)

Have you ever written out a long post, gone to post it and had the box pop up which asks you if you want to leave the page, then tells you you've been blocked?
Nobody seems to know why it happens and it is annoying, but splitting the post into several smaller ones sometimes seems to work.
It's not simply about a vanity number in someone's profile.

YES!!!

Often on this forum - never on any other.

Misuse thereof.

It's not that hard to learn really, grammer etc.
Get it right, and it gives you that 'Edge' over someone else, if things are getting seriously competitive.
you can say that but unless i really think about it and continuously proof read as i go i struggle.

im better than i used to be but you won't solve the grammer issue overnight, i even had a private tutor for english lol.

seriously though i can look at a word and thing thats not right but i wouldn't be able to work it out

you can say that but unless i really think about it and continuously proof read as i go i struggle.

im better than i used to be but you won't solve the grammer issue overnight, i even had a private tutor for english lol.

seriously though i can look at a word and thing thats not right but i wouldn't be able to work it out

Using i instead of I.

These Word processors having spelling and grammar checkers which you can make use of.
Trouble is, I've found in the past, you need to know about grammar to understand the faults they throw up! Nightmare!!!

13?!?!

How old are you Lee?
I'm 54, I seem to remember I could only leave at 15 or 16 after 5th Form.

I'm 29. I shouldn't of left school at 13 but i did, I got home tutored 1day a week until I was 16 and done maths, English and science gcse's privately.The other 4 days a week I was grafting on a building site capping and boxing up new build flats and houses for my brother in law lol. When I turned 16 I started a proper day release apprenticeship, this gave me the advantage at college as I already had been at it for 3 years.

Last edited:
These Word processors having spelling and grammar checkers which you can make use of.
Trouble is, I've found in the past, you need to know about grammar to understand the faults they throw up! Nightmare!!!
They're better that they used to be.

Some years ago I was preparing a quotation for a pumping station. One of the items was a borehole pumpset. The spell checker "corrected" it to brothel dumpsite. I was seriously tempted to leave it......

Reply to what grinds your gears? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back