• Thread starter Mike Blair
  • Start date
  • Replies 233
  • Views 20K

Currently reading:
what grinds your gears?

Discuss what grinds your gears? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

tumblr_lpyherfquJ1qj3j6p.jpg

I wanted to ask this and see if this annoys anyone else here. for example i was at the cinema yesterday and this cinema opened around 2 years ago. You go in its really nice..until you see the fuse spares and sockets! there all slanted and not even the same height...and when i say slanted i mean spirit bubbles not visible slanted. And is see this everywhere on shops some new council homes.

I find it quite amusing the standard of installations when just out and about. I do it subtly though, as girlfriend finds it sad and annoying :). We went to spain last year...... omg

my girlfriend hates it hahaha!! its habbit im only 19 and feel like i need to carry a flat head and a level with me at all times... haha

what grinds my gears is a lack of lubrication. thankfully if i do run out of beer, the offy is only 1/2 mile away.

You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

Attachments

• life.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 163
I once asked some Australians I was working with, what this strange device they had was.
Apparently it was a spirit level, used for leveling things up.
They were not impressed when I asked how long it had been broken.

You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

Do you mean Miley Cyrus? or Rihanna? or Beyonce?

Arrogant, rude people, taxi drivers, bus drivers, people who cut me up, people who spit, animal cruelty, Lorraine Kelly, Monday mornings, getting out of bed, tradesmen who don't turn up, my ex Mother in Law. :)

What grinds my gears?
The list is very long and gets longer by the day.
The misuse of there, their and they're is a bugbear of mine. The word "of" has 2 letters, it's pretty difficult to get it wrong imo but idiots on FB insist on spelling it "ov".
I hate littering, people putting their feet on seats on public transport, poncey food, unruly children, ugg boots (pick your bloody feet up and walk properly you lazy scumbag) TV "talent" competitions, the sob stories connected with them, Joe bloody McCeldry (just stop simpering). Superstar DJs (wtf is that all about?) poor driving standards, people who spit constantly, people riding their bikes on the pavement, god botherers, religionists in general, misquotations by idiots who are trying to be clever, prejudice, the tories.
I could go on and on and on. I probably will.

Manufactured boy/girl "bands" Bands have musicians who play instruments!
Last of the summer wine, celebrity chefs, Gregg bloody Wallace, mice and rats, Big bloody Brother, Celebrity TV shows, reality tv, Katie bloody Hopkins, Phillip bloody Schofield, drink drivers, you, me, Jeremy bloody Kyle.
Actually there are no TV "personalities" who do not have the middle name "bloody". The only exceptions to this rule are Noel ******* Edmonds and Cilla ****ing Black

Manufactured boy/girl "bands" Bands have musicians who play instruments!
Last of the summer wine, celebrity chefs, Gregg bloody Wallace, mice and rats, Big bloody Brother, Celebrity TV shows, reality tv, Katie bloody Hopkins, Phillip bloody Schofield, drink drivers, you, me, Jeremy bloody Kyle.
Actually there are no TV "personalities" who do not have the middle name "bloody". The only exceptions to this rule are Noel ******* Edmonds and Cilla ****ing Black
there not bands, there singers by calling them singers i mean there good with autotune

Currently it's lots of things- and the older I get the longer the list becomes
At the moment it's a ---- up between Scottish Power Customer service (a truly aspirational term) and the BBC.

As a confirmed raving Cybernat (Scottish Independence supporter) I feel the BBC is lacking in so many ways, from the Nick Robinson question (where the whole interaction was cut from 7 mins to less than 1 by the BBC) and then Nick accuses him of not answering the question
I now watch Russia Today and Aljaseera to get better news coverage
Maybe I should start another topic on this :D

What grinds my gears...........
Not a lot - I'm a fairly tolerant old bar steward.
But a few things............in no particular order.

Stupid old pharts at the supermarket check out. They must know the have to pay so get ready rather than digging around in a cavernous handbag to find the cards and all the money off coupons before you get there........instead of holding up the whole freakin queue.

Written English. We all had to go to school until at least age sixteen. Spelling in the forums I frequent can be atrocious. I don't normally comment on it unless it evokes a bit of humour.

And incorrectly expressed units.
Not Kw, kW.

Apart from that............

What grinds my gears?
The list is very long and gets longer by the day.
The misuse of there, their and they're is a bugbear of mine. The word "of" has 2 letters, it's pretty difficult to get it wrong imo but idiots on FB insist on spelling it "ov".
I hate littering, people putting their feet on seats on public transport, poncey food, unruly children, ugg boots (pick your bloody feet up and walk properly you lazy scumbag) TV "talent" competitions, the sob stories connected with them, Joe bloody McCeldry (just stop simpering). Superstar DJs (wtf is that all about?) poor driving standards, people who spit constantly, people riding their bikes on the pavement, god botherers, religionists in general, misquotations by idiots who are trying to be clever, prejudice, the tories.
I could go on and on and on. I probably will.

Well, I would go along with ~ 4/5 of the list so far ... I must be getting to my GOG stage early in life!

Reply to what grinds your gears? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock