Discuss What is AMF? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

what's function of AMF?

A little more detail would be helpful, but I'de guess your talking about "Automatic mains failure". So this would involve an automated back up system i.e.-
Generator or Battery backed up in the case of a mains failure !!!!!

A little more detail would be helpful, but I'de guess your talking about "Automatic mains failure". So this would involve an automated back up system i.e.-
Generator or Battery backed up in the case of a mains failure !!!!!

backed up ... so it can use high voltage device for back up? anyway can u give me link how to study that device for trouble shooting.. thnx

Last edited by a moderator:
Impossible for a link, far too many different scenarios, amf means - auto mains failure - depending on what your automating makes a big difference.
The device is quite simplistic, you can auto change milli volts or 1000's of volts, but don't get the two mixed up!

Normally speaking, it means swapping like for like, like a genset or battery backup.
Where the coil is fed n/c or sometimes n/o, if normal power fails then the contactor drops in (or out, if backed up).
Which in turn sends a signal to the backup power source, to either start or cut depending on the configuration. AMF contactors usually means neither can be functional at the same time, mechanical and electrical safety devices makes that impossible, you have one or the other, never both at the same time. In the normal everyday world amf is usually associated with mains generators but it can be used in pc logic

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, I rest my case with supposed ' Electricians Forum'. some guys are helpful -;) but in all honesty why did you post here? Are you a 'tester' -:)

Oh dear, I rest my case with supposed ' Electricians Forum'. some guys are helpful -;) but in all honesty why did you post here? Are you a 'tester' -:)

im not a tester i just want to know wat's the function of this gangets... thnx

Reply to What is AMF? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock