Discuss What is it ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
A guy at one of my clubs bought this at auction not a clue what he bought nor me looks like something to bludgeon something to death with ? Any ideas ?

What is it ? S1 - EletriciansForums.netWhat is it ? S2 - EletriciansForums.netWhat is it ? S3 - EletriciansForums.net

Seen something similar which was used in conjunction with ropes on ships rigging, could be way out though.

looks like strima is close. looks like something to belay a halliard or similar .

Whats it made of and how big is it and lastly why the hell did your mate buy it???

If its wood i would assume its just a section of carving from a larger item like a chair, table, drawer etc.... hope he didn't pay alot lol

Come on Jimmyboy admit it, its you that bought it and you feel silly now ;)

It's a stick with leaves carved out of it making it look like they grew there and a hole to put string thro' to hang it up.

I don't see it has any purpose apart from decorative.

Ohhh Des went over all peculiar there I spent 3.50 on a Yankee which was then for me 75% of my wage ....................happy days
I found my dad's yankee a few years after he died, straight into my toybox before my brothers could collar it I don't think I used it more than a couple of times. I still have it now

I found my dad's yankee a few years after he died, straight into my toybox before my brothers could collar it I don't think I used it more than a couple of times. I still have it now

Its all well and good being the owner of a Yankee.its another to be a user
The users can sometimes be identified by the black eye patch

Many a bruised knuckles and ego from a yankee especially when the screw went sideways as you put all your effort forward.... get rid Trev they are evil!!!!...

Many a bruised knuckles and ego from a yankee especially when the screw went sideways as you put all your effort forward.... get rid Trev they are evil!!!!...

Ahhhhhhh the real dark art was slot head screws with them, pozi-drives I was ok but a slot head was a dark art, I can still see me frantically trying to brasso out a slip on the Managers brass outside lights when I had a little accident with it

Last edited:

Reply to What is it ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock