Discuss What next after 2330 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Steve D

Hello there, I'm new to the site and I'm just starting yr 3 of C&G 2330.

Can you guys clarify the situation regarding what I would need to do if I wanted to go it alone.

I assume I'll need pt P, 17th Ed and also 2391?

Cheers
Steve

Hello there, I'm new to the site and I'm just starting yr 3 of C&G 2330.

Can you guys clarify the situation regarding what I would need to do if I wanted to go it alone.

I assume I'll need pt P, 17th Ed and also 2391?

Cheers
Steve

Welcome Steve

17th edition is a yes but as to the 2391 I would get a bit of experiance under your belt first as the is a lot of people failing the exam so try the 2392 first.

As tp Part p it has been stated numerous times that it is not a qualification but a section of the building regs and you join a scheme to carry out the certification without having to notify the LABC and pay them each time you do a job.

Thanks Ian,

I'm not planning on going straight into the industry, I plan to do some jobs evenings and weekends to gain some hands on experience - with this in mind, what's the legal standpoint with regards to notifying building control ?
Would I simply need to notify BC after I've completed the work to get it registered, or do I need to notify them before I've done the work.

I've got myself a set of calibrated meters, so as long as I've done 17th Ed & 2330 am I then legally allowed to be doing work as long as the correct paperwork is completed and BC advised as and where necessary?

Best Regards
Steve

What sort of time frame is involved with that, does it take a long time to get the go ahead?

Does anybody have any advice regarding the preferable membership so you don't have to pay building control all the time. Is it NECEIC, Napit & ECA ?

Apologies for the 'entry level' questions, but I'm just trying to get it into my head what's required to do things properly and legally.

Cheers
Steve

What sort of time frame is involved with that, does it take a long time to get the go ahead?

Does anybody have any advice regarding the preferable membership so you don't have to pay building control all the time. Is it NECEIC, Napit & ECA ?

Apologies for the 'entry level' questions, but I'm just trying to get it into my head what's required to do things properly and legally.

Cheers
Steve

officially, you must notify 2 working days before starting, and must submit completed certs to them within 30 days of completion. (you need to know the difference between notifiable and non-notifiable as well)

As Ian said, there is no 'part p' qual, but many people do the EAL Domestic installers, and it is generally referred to as a Part P course.

If you join a competent persons scheme, they generally want you to prove you have knowledge of the Part P and building regs requirements.

You could do unit 1 of the EAL course (Applicable Building Regs for Electrical Installations) or do the C&G 2393

officially, you must notify 2 working days before starting, and must submit completed certs to them within 30 days of completion. (you need to know the difference between notifiable and non-notifiable as well)

As Ian said, there is no 'part p' qual, but many people do the EAL Domestic installers, and it is generally referred to as a Part P course.

If you join a competent persons scheme, they generally want you to prove you have knowledge of the Part P and building regs requirements.

You could do unit 1 of the EAL course (Applicable Building Regs for Electrical Installations) or do the C&G 2393

Hope this was mis-typing Shakey or is the now yet another test qualification:eek:

Hope this was mis-typing Shakey or is the now yet another test qualification:eek:

Mis-type? Heaven forbid Ian!

ha ha, no its not a mis-type, but its not a another test qual either. We were talking about the building regs, and the 2393 is the new building regs qual, meant to match Unit 1 of the EAL course.

I have yet to hear of anyone running it though, and its been out since Jan!

Reply to What next after 2330 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock