Search the forum,

Discuss What to do? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Daniel Morgan

Hi all thought id ask this question to see what options I have as i'm confused as to what qualifications I need.

My situation:

I am currently 23 years old, and work in retail currently contracted to 30hrs but do 40 hours most weeks and this is my only form of income, im wanting a career path but appropriate im probably too old for apprenticeships. Im wanting to become a qualified domestic electrician with an ultimate goal of owning my own business in it. However will need to start from the bottom. As far as current qualification all i have is GCSE's and a BTEC Level 3 ICT Practitioners Diploma qualification. As a hobby im into electrical. I have installed alarm system both home and vehicle, even successfully installed a remote engine start module for my vehicle!

Based on my current situation i want to back into part time education like evening courses so that i can get the qualifications i need but still be able to work at my current job. Is this possible if so any advise or help would be appreciated

Your local college will give you all the info you need mate

2365 level 2 & 3, 2 evenings per week at your local college would without doubt be your best option

This allows you to do the course over 3 years while still in full time employment

if you go onto your college website and type search for the 2365 course it should have plenty of info for you on there

matt

Thats brilliant will get onto it thanks for your help, I see their are loads of electrical courses so is the 2365 the full qualifications but the 2 and 3 are levels with it?

Hi all thought id ask this question to see what options I have as i'm confused as to what qualifications I need.

My situation:

I am currently 23 years old, and work in retail currently contracted to 30hrs but do 40 hours most weeks and this is my only form of income, im wanting a career path but appropriate im probably too old for apprenticeships. Im wanting to become a qualified domestic electrician with an ultimate goal of owning my own business in it. However will need to start from the bottom. As far as current qualification all i have is GCSE's and a BTEC Level 3 ICT Practitioners Diploma qualification. As a hobby im into electrical. I have installed alarm system both home and vehicle, even successfully installed a remote engine start module for my vehicle!

Based on my current situation i want to back into part time education like evening courses so that i can get the qualifications i need but still be able to work at my current job. Is this possible if so any advise or help would be appreciated
well good luck, a night time course should do the trick

Dan I'm in retail doing 50+ hours a week and have already completed the level 2 and now half way through the level 3, booked in for my 17th and nvq! I go to my local college 1 evening a week. Go for it mate it can be done!

as above. do level 2 then level 3 evenings. try and get some practical experience with a local spark, weekends??

Reply to What to do? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net