Discuss What’s the best way to finish my qualification? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am currently employed as an Electricians mate but am looking to finally get my certs.

I quit my apprenticeship 3 years ago, only being an exam and NVQ away from being able to sit the AM2. I’m attempting to get my previous exam results from my old college and wanting to continue from where I left off if possible.

Is there any recommendations anyone has for me to complete the rest of this as quickly as possible?

I think talking to your previous college is probably the best way to find out what your options are.

There's a few routes i know of (in similar boat to you.)

Level 2/3 --> 18th Edition --> 2392 --> NVQ --> AM2
18th Edition --> 2392 --> Experienced Worker NVQ (after 5 years exp.) --> AM2

And you can now do a training thing with some of the schemes where you verify your knowledge with them in centre, which includes initial testing and inspection, and they will let you register as a domestic installer providing you pass their 6 hour end-point assessment and complete an on-site portfolio (work done in a 'dwelling' as they call it) under guidance from a registered person.

Reply to What’s the best way to finish my qualification? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
Does anyone else get emails and phone calls from companies and agencies say we seen your CV and we want you to apply for our job. And when you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m a 31 year old mother of two- who decided on a career change in 2019. I completed NVQ level 1 and 2 in college and landed an apprentice job...
Replies
Views
Hello I've been away from the industry for awhile and I've recently got back in to it again. I never finished off all my grades. I got both my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Straight to the question, I have passed everything on my am2s part from the oline exam I am now on my 3rd attempt!!!! I was told...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock