Discuss What van in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

michufc

:) hi to all i have just started my own business and have a old renault kangoo on transco van and finding it a bit small.

just wanted to no what people were driving and what advantages you have with your motor.

cheers mike:)

i heard the vauxhall vivaro is quite good but its all about budget i suppose
i feel that using a car for a work tool just is not a good look

ive got a vauxhall combi van through work, great little van but my boss has stopped me doing jobs at weekend init so ive just bought a little corsa van for weekends

does the job

when i go on my own next year i fancy leasing the new citroen berlingo van very nice van!

£150 a month bargin

thats a very good price I have just looked at the transit for a contract hire for 36month it is 250 a month thats with ford so I would image you would be able to get a better deal through say a family run company.

ive got a vauxhall combi van through work, great little van but my boss has stopped me doing jobs at weekend init so ive just bought a little corsa van for weekends

does the job

when i go on my own next year i fancy leasing the new citroen berlingo van very nice van!

£150 a month bargin

i used to work for citroen a few years ago as a mechanic and the new shape dispatch was the one to have didnt really go wrong:D

I used to drive a Vivaro, really good, loads of room , comfy, quick, 6 gears, and it was good on fuel, I could squeeze 40mpg out of it, that's only 5mpg less than the Vauxhall Combo that the company used to own, and about 15mpg better than the Merc 115 vito!
But be warned that early versions had trouble with gearboxes (inc, Traffic and the Nissen version)

My Van. Sign writing has been changed since and it now has a roof rack complete with tube and A Frame ladders !

Attachments

• What van DSC00220 - EletriciansForums.net
    DSC00220.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 51
I like that sign writing looks very professional, where are you based? Would you be looking for a hard working apprentice worth a try?

I like that sign writing looks very professional, where are you based? Would you be looking for a hard working apprentice worth a try?

I am based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. No room at the moment for another apprentice unfortunately. Then again if he is late agian tomorrow . . . . . .

Oh thanks for the comment

I like the Hyundai 4x4 a real bargain compared to the 'named stuff' Absolutely reliable tons of room and cheap comparitavily with others. Plus unlike a van you can use for family stuff....though I still need my Alfa for fun stuff!

Ps
Its bigger than the small van stuff (with seats folded)
Truth be, I would like a tranny or similar, but parking where I live would be a problem. Then again, why do I need a big van? All big stuff is deliverered on site from the supplier. Very very occaisionally I've had to hire a van but not an issue for me right now. I guess for some of the bigger players it might be

Last edited by a moderator:
:) hi to all i have just started my own business and have a old renault kangoo on transco van and finding it a bit small.

just wanted to no what people were driving and what advantages you have with your motor.

cheers mike:)
ive got a citroen despatch on contract mate at £191 a month.size wise its between a combi and a transit.I think its a great van,also with the deal i got tracker,free sat nav and bluetooth.!shop around mate you should really be able to barter in this current financial climate

Hi, I bought an ex Gas board Transit Connect 9 months ago and am really impressed. It came all racked out, lit up in the back and has power points etc. It now has transformed 230V in the back aswell, run from one of the excisting power points. Most of them are low milage and come with full service history so should have no problems with reliabilty. The front end is just like a car, air con, electric windows etc. Not too big and not too small - returns about 50 to the gallon aswell. Would strongly recommend one.

Reply to What van in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock