Discuss White asbestos in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Echo all the above.

Before we do any rewire there has to be an asbestos audit of the property. Councils are very good in that respect!! We have experienced a problem with the testing in that if it's a textured ceiling they take a scraping from the corner and pronounce it negative. Often the new texture is negative, but applied over an old texture that isn't. Nowadays they just assume ANY textured ceiling is positive and let asbestos contractors deal with the fittings before we go in.

Thing is, all they do is to take the fittings down and throw the screws away! No masks worn and no dust hoovered up.

Reply to White asbestos in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Posted from another forum "Pretty easy to spot exactly what type of client you're talking too once you've met and dealt with several, and I used...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Thanks for letting me join the forum! I took my C&G 2360, 2391, 2381 (16th Edition) 15+ years ago, but electrics became peripheral to my...
Replies
Views
N
Hello, I recently bought a 1960s-built house. It had an electric storage heater in it that I wanted to remove. A notice on the heater said to...
Replies
Views
Eskimo
E
H
Hi guys, had a simple job fitting an inline fan today, I drilled a pilot hole in the sofit and I'm a bit concerned its asbestos, it's painted...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock