Discuss Wish i'd taken a photo........ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Found a right stonker in an attic today. Was there on a different job, but when I brought this up with the customer, I think he'll want it sorted.

Had to crawl through 20 years of memories to get to the part of the attic I needed to be, but that's another moan.

Where I was, I could see the end of an extension lead flex with a TV aerial amp plugged in... traced it back to find a double socket on a pattress... not fixed, just floating about with 2.5 T&E entering the back of the box.
On this socket was the extension lead, and one of those cube adaptors, with 2 black plugs in it... the cables dropping down through the insulation.
A little investigation, and I find the guys spare TV and games console inside his built in wardrobe.

So if you don't quite understand what I mean, the equipment is all plugged in inside the attic. Why the socket wasn't installed inside the wardrobe, I haven't a clue

You think thats good, when I first started with Carillion we were rewiring some social housing over in Wales.
One of the tenants had added extra sockets in the upstairs bedrooms, they had cut into one leg of the ring then put a socket on it under the floor, from this socket was a extension lead then from this was another 3 extension leads that disappeared off along joists under the floorboards into the bedrooms and were screwed onto the walls. to provide 4 plug points in the bedrooms.
lazy so and so didnt even bother clipping the extension flex to the joists!
He couldnt see what the problem was as it worked!
never under estimate the ingenuity of a diyer!!

Found a right stonker in an attic today. Was there on a different job, but when I brought this up with the customer, I think he'll want it sorted.

Had to crawl through 20 years of memories to get to the part of the attic I needed to be, but that's another moan.

Where I was, I could see the end of an extension lead flex with a TV aerial amp plugged in... traced it back to find a double socket on a pattress... not fixed, just floating about with 2.5 T&E entering the back of the box.
On this socket was the extension lead, and one of those cube adaptors, with 2 black plugs in it... the cables dropping down through the insulation.
A little investigation, and I find the guys spare TV and games console inside his built in wardrobe.

So if you don't quite understand what I mean, the equipment is all plugged in inside the attic. Why the socket wasn't installed inside the wardrobe, I haven't a clue
Where was the socket fed from

Reply to Wish i'd taken a photo........ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock