Discuss Yearly assesment - homemade wander lead. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mr Hehound

Someone had away with my Metrel wander lead recently so (being a skinflint) I cobbled one together from 2.5mm g/y singles which do the job ok, if indeed its a right pain to roll back up.

Got an Elecsa assessment coming up - provided I null it if he asks me to use it for anything that requires it, will it be ok or will my DIY lead be frowned upon.

Hope you can help.

get one of them phone extention leads...yank out all the telephone cable...
replace with 50 meters of 1.5mm G/Y tri-rated.....
4mm chassis socket in the centre of the reel....4mm multi-lam on the cable end....
and away hey hey you go....

Someone had away with my Metrel wander lead recently so (being a skinflint) I cobbled one together from 2.5mm g/y singles which do the job ok, if indeed its a right pain to roll back up.

Got an Elecsa assessment coming up - provided I null it if he asks me to use it for anything that requires it, will it be ok or will my DIY lead be frowned upon.

Hope you can help.

Its perfect. No problem at all as far as I can see

get one of them phone extention leads...yank out all the telephone cable...
replace with 50 meters of 1.5mm G/Y tri-rated.....
4mm chassis socket in the centre of the reel....4mm multi-lam on the cable end....
and away hey hey you go....

Thats the way I did it , don't mind being mean lol. Ready made on ebay OP if you are interested.

look at it like this:

you save the environment by recycling an old tele reel...

and think of all the little chinamen you have saved from grafting to make you up that ready made R2 lead with the fancy `Kewtech` sticker on it....

nor do I...
i`m from yorkshire so its standard round here....

- - - Updated - - -

should`v seen me at the wago jar....
Tel did....

- - - Updated - - -

its probably what the Kewtech ones are anyway....

Aye it's plenty money for them , wherever you are from.

I feel right posh now....I've got a Megger one!

Reply to Yearly assesment - homemade wander lead. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net