Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss yellow77 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Is it correct or an urban myth that yellow 77 should not be used now??? as it degrades the cable ?? and if so whats going to happen to the thousands of other jobs it is been used on ?? seems absurd to me or is it a wind up lol?:crazy:

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

cbw

-
ARRRGGHHH!!! where can I buy it??????????

I have been after some for ages, no where stocks it!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And little round things to cable degredation....loads still going strong!!!!

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
It's fine, just wipe the cable off once it's in place... :lol:

M

MarkieSparkie

Yellow 77 is safe on most cable types. The exceptions are low density polyethylene and semiconductor insulations.

E

Edd

Picked some up from Citys thursday. surely they would pull it from shelfs it it was found to degrade cables.... wouldnt they!!!!

G

Guest111

yellow 77 safe on rubber,neoprene,nylon,pvc,hypalon, and xlpe. wax based not suitable for ldpe or semiconducting jacket.taken from Ideal industries spec list.

E

Engineer54

Yellow 77 has been the standard pulling lubricant on just about every project i've been on, from standard final circuit pulls in standard conduit, to large multi-core SWA in ducting.

Probably just another of those myth's that some can't resist in perpetuating!! lol!!!

A

Adam W

Sounds like a wind-up to me. We still use loads of it. Presumably it was formulated specifically for pulling cables in and is therefore safer than using chalk, soap, washing up liquid, lard or whatever else you'd end up using if monkey spunk were banned.

Reply to yellow77 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom