Discuss Yet ANOTHER 2330 Q. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Do I NEED to do my 2330 FIRST?

Or could I do 17th Edition (for example) first?

Or would you recommend doing the 2330 first?

I did 16th edition before finishing 2330, however I understand that they have changed the rules this year. Apparantly only those people already on or completed a lvl 3 course can do 2391 and 2381, you can do the cut down testing and inspection but this only allows you to do domestic. Also there was some comment on just doing the EAL part P, 17th edition and cut down inspection ang testing this was said to be enough to get in NIC as domestic installer see following thread for more info http://www.electriciansforums.net/general-electrical-discussion/1144-i-still-dont-understand.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Do your 2330 first Bane and then get your 17th. Won't make any difference to you this way round. I am doing my 17th in 2 weeks and finish 3 years of college in 10 days or so. The 17th rounds it all off nicely.

Got told today that you have to have either a 2360 or a 2330, otherwise you have to shell out for the 3 day course.

If you've got your 2330 you should be able to just get a 1 or 2 day update (or if you're lucky like us - only have to pay for the exam)

There are no pre-requisites for the 17th but a good undersatanding of electrical installations would be advantageous.....nothing to stop you home revising and then just pay the small fee to sit the full exam. Choice is an individual one;)

But what is the point to sitting it right at this moment? Won't serve any purpose really Bane.

Just asking Cirrus. Just asking.

Think I'm coming along quie nicely at work. Considering I didn't even know which bits were for masonry, steel or wood on my first day!

Hi everybody im new to the forum as i have just signed up yesterday to do my level 3 2330 in Liverpool. I would appreciate any past exam papers and will reciprocate with a couple of Ebooks (latest editions) covering the level 2 and 3 of the 2330. I have been working doing electrical installations for over 30 years but have never got around to getting 2330 qualified. My exisiting qualifcations are all in Electronics so the maths part etc of the 2330 should be ok. anyway if anybody wants the links to the ebooks then please ask and any exams would be most welcome. Also upgrading my 16th to 17th at the same time so any past papers appreciated, i also have the 17th regs as an Ebook as well for those interested.

Reply to Yet ANOTHER 2330 Q. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock