Discuss ZE reading of 312 Ohms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

just out of interest, i'd also get a Ze reading with earth and bonding connected. if it's considerably lower, it proves the earth path through the water/gas pipes and verifies that you've not cocked up on your initial measurements.

just out of interest, i'd also get a Ze reading with earth and bonding connected. if it's considerably lower, it proves the earth path through the water/gas pipes and verifies that you've not cocked up on your initial measurements.

Plus it proves you are not sharing an earth as this is getting more common ie Zs at a socket is fine but disconnect the earth bonding and thats when you find there is no earth or high reading. I had this 3 months ago where an old biddy was scared to death because she did not have an earth but she did through the flat upstairs

nice to think that BG with the socket and see jobby would have seen that as a perfect earthing system, and it would stay like that till a proper sparks tested it properly.

Not if it is a borrowed or shared earth ie person upstairs has an earth and their water and gas is bonded

But that would mean that the whole block would have been affected by this DNO earthing fault, so no low values being picked up from the EMT's of other flats, and i doubt if a service Water and Gas supply would be sitting at 0.6 ohms on their own!!

Reply to ZE reading of 312 Ohms in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

On an EICR I found a 200 amp 3ph supply, TNS earthing (which looks original) and Ze of 19 ohms. No rods. No RCDs. L1 -> N was about 0.5 ohms...
Replies
Views
Hello there. I've been looking around here and found some conflicting information. I have a question if I may ask. I had an electrician come over...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . I was changing a fuse board today . Everything tested out fine and good . Until I measured the Ze which is on a tnc-s system...
Replies
Views
Hi all Done a EICR on a flat which had the link fuse in the service head .. had an earth wire coming off the orange cable to an earth block...
Replies
Views
Hi - just after thoughts on this please. I've been doing some testing on a 20 year old MCC. On the original EIC, Ze was reported as 0.04 R, PFC...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock