Discuss 17th Edition test meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stean

Evening gents,
I'm starting my domestic electrical installers course in a couple of weeks and need to bring my own test meter it needs to be capable of the following:
Insulation resistance (250V & 500V)
Earth fault loop impedance (including prospective fault current)
Voltage
Continuity
RCD disconection time

I have been looking at either the Kewtech KT64 or KT62

I also need to take an approved voltage indicator.

Any reccomendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm happy to spend up to £500 but if needs be I can push the budget up to £700 tops.

Last edited by a moderator:
i use the fluke 1653 which is a bit more(!) than your budget but shop around for a 1651 eventry getting from the states( ask for uk spec). I also use a fluke T3 volt and cont tester. Very comfortable to use. Remember that this tester could last you many years and if you get the right one for you it wont be pain in the 4rse every time you use it.

I remember being in the same situation a mine field, i ended up going for the Megger main reason good backup and the training centre instructor used it meaning that any questions i asked he could answer from experience but i hear that the fluke is just as good for a cheaper option the Metrel is good with on screen guide in case you get lost

Thanks for the advice gents, like you said it is a mine field out there, so many choices and for someone like me who hasn't a clue it's a bit confusing.

Please keep the advice coming, it's greatly appreciated.

Reply to 17th Edition test meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock